CRC / colonoscopy advice

That Moviprep is evil :lol:

It’s the fact you have to basically down about two litres of it in an hour or something as well. For weeks after I couldn’t stand the smell of lemon air freshener as it kept bringing back memories!
Yeah, when I tasted the first glass, i though it wasn't too bad, but after two litres (and another litre of clear water, which was recommended), I was nearly barfing, as well as my insides falling out me hoop.

I've been getting them every few years for the last 25 years due to ulcerative colitis. There's really nothing much to worry about.
The new ward they opened at the Royal a few years ago is terrific and a big improvement on the old one.
There's none of this arse hanging out of the back of your gown these days either. You get plastic boxers with a velcro arse-flap. How times have changed!

I've been getting them every few years for the last 25 years due to ulcerative colitis. There's really nothing much to worry about.
The new ward they opened at the Royal a few years ago is terrific and a big improvement on the old one.
There's none of this arse hanging out of the back of your gown these days either. You get plastic boxers with a velcro arse-flap. How times have changed!
My first one I ended up with an ex Polish military doctor and it was horrific. No sedative, no lube, nowt. He also kept “inflating” me when there was no need. When I had a second one the nurses saw his name as my previous physician and were hugely apologetic. The second one was much better.

My first one I ended up with an ex Polish military doctor and it was horrific. No sedative, no lube, nowt. He also kept “inflating” me when there was no need. When I had a second one the nurses saw his name as my previous physician and were hugely apologetic. The second one was much better.
I've only had one bad experience. A South African doctor decided because I'd had it done loads of times I didn't need a sedative. Absolute agony.
Even though you feel very lucid it takes a massive edge off it.

Had one just over a year ago. Went on my own so wasn’t allowed to have the sedative even though I didn’t drive there. Tbh the filling up with air was pretty uncomfortable. Had the Moviprep the night before which really works so make sure you’re prepared for that if you have it.

The prep before hand is spectacular. The drink tastes like shit so mix it with a fruit flavoured clear water. I use peach sparking and it takes the edge off it. Once it kicks in make sure nobody takes more than 3 mins in the loo as you'll need it urgently and when I say urgently I mean like never before. On the day take the pain killer as opposed to the gas and air. Some people can tolerate it and I've had both but the pain relief really helps.

It's really amazing seeing your insides on the camera it looks like an alien tunnel world. After you'll need to fart and go for it it'll be the biggest fart you'll ever do in your life. Mine last a good 10 15 seconds of rip roaring fun. It's only because of the amount of air they pump I to you. After if you've had sedation you'll need to get someone to take you home as you're not insured to drive.

Nope it helps

Mine was a bit uncomfortable, but I didn't need any sedative. Disappointed I didn't get any foreplay though, or even a cuddle afterwards.

Last edited:
doesnt sound a bag of laughs, had it down me japs which was grim the first piss after the local anasthetic has worn off :eek: but at least there was no unpleasant prep

Well thanks for the advice (erm.....I think). Will take the sedative option purely because of the advice from here. I hope I don’t have the big CRC, but genuinely don’t think so. My biggest worry if I do is being able to post something anywhere near as poetic or inspiring as @foggy

Well thanks for the advice (erm.....I think). Will take the sedative option purely because of the advice from here. I hope I don’t have the big CRC, but genuinely don’t think so. My biggest worry if I do is being able to post something anywhere near as poetic or inspiring as @foggy
Just hope it isn't NHS as they tend to use Box Brownies.

Back