Crash at the Barnes yesterday afternoon.

ouro

Striker
I passed there and saw a double decker had centre punched a Renault on the drivers side. Car a right mess, two fire engines, 3 cop cars, and an ambulance as they cut the driver out. Absolutely nothing on North East news. Is that not news?

Don't think it was in the Echo - so maybe not newsworthy enough.
Then again, the Echo is printed miles away, so it might be in tomorrow night's edition :lol:

looked a bad one, hopefully no serious injuries
Silky Lane is getting worse mind, was never deserved to serve so much traffic

I passed there and saw a double decker had centre punched a Renault on the drivers side. Car a right mess, two fire engines, 3 cop cars, and an ambulance as they cut the driver out. Absolutely nothing on North East news. Is that not news?
I drove past that yesterday, it was a big impact. One of them must have jumped the lights. The drivers side of the car was dented in but not massively, so I think the driver may have not received serious injury, hopefully?

I drove past that yesterday, it was a big impact. One of them must have jumped the lights. The drivers side of the car was dented in but not massively, so I think the driver may have not received serious injury, hopefully?
Yesterday morning I was going up Silksworth lane and 2 cars coming along Queen Alexandra Rd must have come through the red lights as it was already showing green for me.

Bad for running red lights there. You have to keep your wits about you as that junction attracts precious people who don't have to observe the lights.

Was it yesterday someone had flattened the poles and signs on the island, at the junction of Durham Road and Thornholme road too?

Yesterday morning I was going up Silksworth lane and 2 cars coming along Queen Alexandra Rd must have come through the red lights as it was already showing green for me.
Without seeing the collision, it's hard to say who was at fault? I also wondered if the bus driver was blinded by the low sun and failed to see the lights and the car?

The work experience kids from the college don’t drive so they can’t report on such an incident.

Shocking section of road that all fuelled by poor/dangerous. I walk that way every day and see people on their phones and running red lights nearly every day. And then you have the drivers diving across lanes and turning without indicating and those coming from Pallion who don't know what give way is.

Back