Crap landlords

safcforever

Striker
I’ve recently moved into a new place and my notice is up on my old place tomorrow. Yesterday I went back to my old place to straighten up and get ready for the hand back. I found out that the landlord has changed the locks and is now refusing me access.
That bit I’m not bothered about as I’ve had it confirmed he can’t make any claims against my deposit now as he hasn’t given me access to rectify any problems.

He started sending messages calling me all sorts of shit, it’s because he can’t find a new tenant and now can’t afford to keep it (not my problem). Because he’s acting like this I want to not only claim my deposit in full (plus the interest gained) but I also want 3 days rent returned, because he has denied me access to the property with time left to serve on the contract.

Am I pushing my luck or do I have good grounds?

I’ve recently moved into a new place and my notice is up on my old place tomorrow. Yesterday I went back to my old place to straighten up and get ready for the hand back. I found out that the landlord has changed the locks and is now refusing me access.
That bit I’m not bothered about as I’ve had it confirmed he can’t make any claims against my deposit now as he hasn’t given me access to rectify any problems.

He started sending messages calling me all sorts of shit, it’s because he can’t find a new tenant and now can’t afford to keep it (not my problem). Because he’s acting like this I want to not only claim my deposit in full (plus the interest gained) but I also want 3 days rent returned, because he has denied me access to the property with time left to serve on the contract.

To be fair you did take a shit on the carpet....

I would think Canadian law may differ from here. I suggest you try and speak with a legal bod well versed in property law.

Talking about renting houses in Canada. We were in Montreal at the end of July, and we noticed loads of people walking around carrying small pieces of furniture. We also watched someone throwing seat cushions out of a window to their mate below and before long the settee came out the door to be put in a van. When we asked people what was going on, we were told that all rental agreements in Montreal terminate on July 31st, so there is a mass exodus o f people to new flats and houses.

To be fair you did take a shit on the carpet....
It was on my to do list

I would think Canadian law may differ from here. I suggest you try and speak with a legal bod well versed in property law.
Done. They confirmed he has very little option but to return my deposit in full as he restricted me from doing any cleaning or repairs. The few days rent return I was just trying to be a bit cheeky to annoy the fuck out of him :lol:

Last edited:
Talking about renting houses in Canada. We were in Montreal at the end of July, and we noticed loads of people walking around carrying small pieces of furniture. We also watched someone throwing seat cushions out of a window to their mate below and before long the settee came out the door to be put in a van. When we asked people what was going on, we were told that all rental agreements in Montreal terminate on July 31st, so there is a mass exodus o f people to new flats and houses.
I was really expecting a punchline or shit punn at the end of that.

Why don't you break in and install a Knicker Draw?

Back