Cragg side

Not much National Trust stuff in the north east tbh, you've already done the best one in Cragside.

Another vote for Fountains Abbey, although it's down thirsk/ripon way.

If you’ve
Not much National Trust stuff in the north east tbh, you've already done the best one in Cragside.

There’s easily enough to see you through a summer.

Get across the lakes, all the Beatrix Potter stuff is great if you have kids into that. Plus everything else that way.

Got myself a national trust membership last week and done gibside and cragg side this week.

Absolutely fantastic walks and views. Kids loved both. Be class in the summer
If you get chance google Linhope Spout Waterfall as well.....its about 25mins from cragside( great place in summer.)My kids are older now but still talk about summers days out in the relatively unlnown Breamish valley and swimming in the pool below the falls.
Cragside is a super place...sorry if seb but for anyone who likes running " free "10 k Cragside the morra..its tough route but the views and scenery are stunning!( its on once a month 3rd sunday on national trust website).
Pleased you liked it mate...gives employment to people as well in a relatively rural area.

Cragside, Gibside and Wallington are all superb. The play areas for kids are brilliant. I've been to them loads but have still not been in either of the houses at Cragside or Wallington. Kids just love it outdoors so much.

I was a NT member many years ago but thought that other areas got a better deal for their money as they had a lot more local sites

Get a new zealand heritage card. Access to national trust and english heritage sites for about fifty quid a year. Only downside is nee free parking. All the tight bastards on the martin lewis site do it.

Did a nice double header of cragside and wallington on friday, with a little stop off at the site of moaties last stand in the middle.

Back