Cragg side

Got myself a national trust membership last week and done gibside and cragg side this week.

Absolutely fantastic walks and views. Kids loved both. Be class in the summer

Cragside has been on my list to see for years. Am hoping this year I will experience it all.

Bit like St Cuthbert's Cave. Am determend to visit there this year and have a stroll around.

Got myself a national trust membership last week and done gibside and cragg side this week.

Been there a few times and it's a fantastic place, the drive around the estate and the different places for picnics is great.
When I was there they were letting you play on the full size snooker table in the house, I managed to sink a long pot :cool:

If you go over to the lakes regularly it's worth having just for all the free parking that comes with it.

Souter lighthouse is interesting for a couple of hours as well

Last edited:
Get yourself down to Fountain Abbey if you can. Some great walks down there, both riverside and forest. Take a picnic though as the cafe will have your eyes out!

They have some class events on - keep an eye on their website. Have been to Cragside for a night walk with lights in the gardens and a massive water pistol fight in the summer.

The walks with a ranger at Gibside are interesting too.

Second Wallington Hall too. Have been to a WWII event there and a Wallace and Gromit event.

Back