Craft Beer

Visited Hartlepool today to see what was on offer at Hops and cheese. Had some really decent beers.

Popped to The Anchor Tap and Bottle Shop and it was stinking like they had a sewage leak. Decent offerings and take away beers but couldn't stay with the smell.
I reckon the first Hazy Shade of Citra was the best version.
How has it changed? It's my fave at Vaux but didn't really try it until February or March maybe.

Last edited:

Visited Hartlepool today to see what was on offer at Hops and cheese. Had some really decent beers.

Popped to The Anchor Tap and Bottle Shop and it was stinking like they had a sewage leak. Decent offerings and take away beers but couldn't stay with the smell.

How has it changed? It's my fave at Vaux but didn't really try it until February or March maybe.

No idea, it's still a great hazy pale, it might just be me having rose tinted specs on as the first version was 2020 and just when I was starting to use untappd so my review is unhelpful, but I loved it. The 2021 version just didn't grab me in the same way. I tend to try all the new stuff when I go in, I'll revisit it again though.

Whacked in an order for a few from Twisted Wheel and picked up a few N/Bs from Morrisons when she set me out for a few bits. Waiting on the new Verdant to appear in Rehills and I will be through. The idea that I was going to cut back on buying cans in for the house lasted about three days.

Working my way through some Overtone tonight. Fantastic beers but punchy to say the least.

Next new one to try in the coming week is going to be Crumbs.

Funky Fluid and Dugges have brought 2 cans out, a gin inspired sour and and Aperativo IPA… designed to mix together to make a negroni beer

Nowt flash on their own but lovely mixed sat in garden

Had a good few hours out the back of Wylam Brewery (didn't even realise it had a beer gsrden/outside bar) working my way through their offerings whist topping up the tan. Been a while since I've got stuck onto their stuff. Despite the name, Lush is a particularly pleasant drop for the abv.

Last edited:
At a loose end in London as Mrs M (no) and daughter (no) were off to see Phantom of the Opera tonight. I’ve walked past Lowlander Grand Cafe, the Belgian Bar on Drury Lane several times, but never been in. An absolutely cracking bar with 200 beers on the menu, I wish I’d made the effort to come here earlier. You can’t go wrong with Gouden Carolus.

Had a good few hours out the back of Wylam Brewery (didn't even realise it had a beer gsrden/outside bar) working my way through their offerings whist topping up the tan. Been a while since I've got stuck onto their stuff. Despite the name, Lush is a particularly pleasant drop for the abv.
Are they still serving into plastic cups?
New one to add to the circuit lads. Two by Two taproom. Been open for a grand total of 40 mins. Of course I’m here. :lol: :cool:

Just up the road from the free trade, on the way to full circle.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Ah excellent, I've never had a bad beer from them. Do you know what days they're open? I'm back in a couple of weeks so will need to pop in.

Back