Craft Beer

Its the same man, with a hint of coffee or black cherry syrup chucked in the mix you mug

And you will get simpletons (with beards) who will fork out for it
poor bait man ;)
I fell for it! I still think they’ve done more good than they have bad for craft beer, they were a huge number of peoples gateway brewery.
aye. they're just another macro brewer now

Great selection in ASDA nowadays.

Some of the highlights:

Siren Cacao & Hazelnut Broken Dream Twisted Breakfast Stout is a cracker.
Black Sheep Raspberry & White Chocolate Milkshake IPA is almost a sour. Very tasty and very drink-and-drink-and-drinkable.
Vocation Toucan Tropic DDH IPA is pretty good and has a nice kick.
Magic Rock Salty Kiss Gooseberry Gose is refreshing and very drinkable.

They have a bunch of others that are worth trying too, like the Vocation chocolate stout, Magic Rock High Wire Grapefruit IPA, Salt single hop series...

They're really starting to push the boat out, ASDA. Still not quite the selection you might get at a speciality shop / craft micropub, but really starting to get some interesting stuff.

Great selection in ASDA nowadays.

Some of the highlights:

Siren Cacao & Hazelnut Broken Dream Twisted Breakfast Stout is a cracker.
Black Sheep Raspberry & White Chocolate Milkshake IPA is almost a sour. Very tasty and very drink-and-drink-and-drinkable.
Vocation Toucan Tropic DDH IPA is pretty good and has a nice kick.
Magic Rock Salty Kiss Gooseberry Gose is refreshing and very drinkable.

They have a bunch of others that are worth trying too, like the Vocation chocolate stout, Magic Rock High Wire Grapefruit IPA, Salt single hop series...

They're really starting to push the boat out, ASDA. Still not quite the selection you might get at a speciality shop / craft micropub, but really starting to get some interesting stuff.
The choice and quality available in supermarkets across the board has increased massively over the last few years…the wankers.

Anyone done the Bermondsey mile? Looks class. Any recommendations?

Pretty much every time I’m in London. Few pages back @James offered up some recommendations on it.

Honourable mention along there for the Southwark Brewing Company. Owned by a sunderland fan, and a place to call into when we’re playing in the area. Charlton last season, Milwall this season

Aye, many times. Depends what you want really. Sour beer? Barrel Project (London Beer Factory), IPA? Cloudwater or BBNo. Great at everything? Kernel. Stouts? Three Hills Outpost.

The downside is that it now attracts big groups of lads who are only there to get battered which can be annoying as shit. Fortunately pretty much every group only does a pint then leaves, so you're usually fine to grin and bear it if it's particularly annoying. This obviously won't bother you if you're also heading there in a big group to get proper pissed up. :lol:

It's much quieter at the eastern end. If I'm down that way and had to pick one place to go it would be the Kernel. Great beers and the taproom is actually pretty nice.

You probably ought to understand what real ale is before passing judgement tbf…most ‘craft beer’ isn’t real ale.
I can see why some get confused, as there was a time when a lot of pubs suddenly started calling their real ale craft beer instead and stuck a quid or more on a pint.
It’s just the same with fruity flavours squirted into it for lads who prefer cider etc
The majority of it doesn't have fruity flavours :confused:
The downside is that it now attracts big groups of lads who are only there to get battered which can be annoying as shit. Fortunately pretty much every group only does a pint then leaves, so you're usually fine to grin and bear it if it's particularly annoying. This obviously won't bother you if you're also heading there in a big group to get proper pissed up. :lol:
Is that a recent thing? Had a mate living in Shad Thames a few years back and made it a few times but never saw bother. Was decent the day after the playoff final. Made a tit of myself in Hawkes asking what sours they had but I was a bit worse for the wear.

Last edited:
Vaux want a word with us

So I see 😂 they’ve got some nice stuff lined up.

Who’s gin and beer it? I’ve never put two and two together

Last edited:
I just bought a can of Centaur Skies from Brewdog. Collab between Vault City and Neon Raptor. 10% Sour, strawberry, cream, chocolate, peanut butter and toffee.

One of the nicest beers I've ever had but this stuff is lethal. It doesn't take like it has any alcohol in it at all, it just tastes like a smoothie.

100% recommend.

I just bought a can of Centaur Skies from Brewdog. Collab between Vault City and Neon Raptor. 10% Sour, strawberry, cream, chocolate, peanut butter and toffee.

One of the nicest beers I've ever had but this stuff is lethal. It doesn't take like it has any alcohol in it at all, it just tastes like a smoothie.

100% recommend.
Got one in the fridge. Was going to get stuck into it last week but didn’t. Not my type of beer but I was too intrigued not to buy it.

Back