Craft Beer

I’ve mentioned them on here previously, but LowCostBeer have an impy stout on for £3.50. 3.81 on untapped

Bought a few more on there, including a few S43 The Beast last year. Canny if you want a few cans on the cheap.

They’re similar to GreenBottleShop, perfect if you want something half decent at a reduced price, and you’re not too fussed on it being short dated.

They’re similar to GreenBottleShop, perfect if you want something half decent at a reduced price, and you’re not too fussed on it being short dated.
Stouts get better apparently. Don’t think I’ve had any long enough to say either way. There’s loads of people keeping stuff, especially BA for ages before cracking it open.

I’ll check out that Green Bottle Shop like. First time I’ve heard of it.

Had a good crawl round Manchester yesterday. The Gas Lamp, Beermoth, Port Street, Cloudwater, Track, Crown & Kettle, Smithfield Tavern. Ruined this morning, mind :)

Having a S43 night. Strawberry Imperial Pastry Stout, Imperial Caramel & Hazelnut Stout. Both very good. Onto Emails From The Illuminati now.

Got 3/4 of the The Beast left if I get thirsty
First one sounds like it could've been a mess. How strongly did the strawberry come through?

Night in for me so cracking into a few. Pollys Little Petal west coast pale (excellent), Beak Locals IPA (very good, tad too sweet), Forest Road deft brown porter (great little beer). Couple of Augustiner for the match, including an Edelstoff which was cracking.

Got a Kernel dry stout up next, and a 750ml Biere de Saison cherry. God I love Kernel, and comfortably the best value for money craft place going. 11 quid for a 750ml of beer of this standard, it's robbery. Only 3 quid for the stout as well.

First one sounds like it could've been a mess. How strongly did the strawberry come through?

Night in for me so cracking into a few. Pollys Little Petal west coast pale (excellent), Beak Locals IPA (very good, tad too sweet), Forest Road deft brown porter (great little beer). Couple of Augustiner for the match, including an Edelstoff which was cracking.

Got a Kernel dry stout up next, and a 750ml Biere de Saison cherry. God I love Kernel, and comfortably the best value for money craft place going. 11 quid for a 750ml of beer of this standard, it's robbery. Only 3 quid for the stout as well.
Never thought I’d like a strawberry adjunct, but it was good. Found the balance between sweet & stouty. There’s a Northern Monk Strawbery Cornetto on Honest Brew I would’ve ignored, but I’ll give it a blast after that.

Sounds shit, it’s good.
I've got the strawberry one. Saw a lad walking past the Peacock at 2ish supping a Vaux 1899 Stout from the bottle. Not something you see much, wasnt you was it? 🤣
Nah! Going to get the special offer if 6 for £40 though.

Last edited:
Airing now on BBC One Scotland. It'll be on iplayer later tonight.

Hilarious the fella owns shares in Heineken after banning Heineken owned products from Brewdog. They’re just a chain pub now. Interestingly I noticed Punk IPA has moved from the sub to the PD. Personally would rather drink my own piss but the PD seems to be going down that route.

Hilarious the fella owns shares in Heineken after banning Heineken owned products from Brewdog. They’re just a chain pub now. Interestingly I noticed Punk IPA has moved from the sub to the PD. Personally would rather drink my own piss but the PD seems to be going down that route.
The stories in that documentary were very uncomfortable to hear but also exactly what I expected. He's an absolute cock like, he even looks like he'd be a bellend. Creep.

The stories in that documentary were very uncomfortable to hear but also exactly what I expected. He's an absolute cock like, he even looks like he'd be a bellend. Creep.
Yeah there was definitely some serious accusations. CAMRA are currently doing an inclusivity and diversity questionnaire and I suspect there’ll be lot of similar stories that come out of that.

I don’t think there any brewdog beer that’s worth drinking anyway.

Yeah there was definitely some serious accusations. CAMRA are currently doing an inclusivity and diversity questionnaire and I suspect there’ll be lot of similar stories that come out of that.

I don’t think there any brewdog beer that’s worth drinking anyway.

Hazy Jane in 660ml for 3 quid or so, as a last resort if in a spoons and the cask is all warm bitters
Going to get the special offer if 6 for £40 though.

I've ordered the 12 pack of the latest ones, not picking it up just yet, no room for them as updating the kitchen a bit.

Last edited:

The strawberry was fine but not amazing imo. Had a couple of their pales the other day that were better, Waste of Space in particular.

Drinking a couple of M&S "own brand" ones.
Currently on a session ipa described as juicy and tropical, brewed by Fourpure.
Next up a hazy pale by Vocation.
Good gear for a supermarket own brand :lol:

The Fourpure one tastes suspiciously like the one they sell under their own branding.

This is the one I've got. Have they got a different own brand one?

Tweekin' Acid Funk sour TIPA 10%

Tastes like someone marinated a fresh grapefruit in vodka.

Very sour, very tasty. Would heartily recommend.

This is the one I've got. Have they got a different own brand one?
I mean it tastes like the one Fourpure sell under their own branding.

Back