Craft Beer

Aye. Taproom open on a match day fingers crossed it all works out.

@Longy i see s43 + Brewyork have done an impy version of the pumpkin spice stout. I seem to remember the one last year being decent

It was very good for what it was, but I think pumpkin just isn't for me so doubt I'll bother
Bit of a backlog of cans to start with at the minute as well with nights out and matchdays getting in the way.

It was very good for what it was, but I think pumpkin just isn't for me so doubt I'll bother
Bit of a backlog of cans to start with at the minute as well with nights out and matchdays getting in the way.
Well fuck me. The coffee shop I go to for lunch on a Friday in boro has a few keg lines and doubles up as a bottle shop. They had a s43 meet the brewer thing on last night and I'm sitting nursing a third of the new Brewyork + S43 off a fresh keg. It's lush :lol: :cool:

Well fuck me. The coffee shop I go to for lunch on a Friday in boro has a few keg lines and doubles up as a bottle shop. They had a s43 meet the brewer thing on last night and I'm sitting nursing a third of the new Brewyork + S43 off a fresh keg. It's lush :lol: :cool:
Off the ground coffee house ? Nearly went to that last night but went to the music quiz at Play Brew instead , not sure if mentioned before but you need to pay Top of the Hops a visit if you haven't already been , just on Stockton high street.

Last edited:
Fuck. In Beer St. Looked at the bottle shop & there’s loads of Omnipollo & Pohjala. Think I’ll nip back before the last metro & get a couple. There’s a Omnipollo for £14.95. I might be about to break my own price record here.

Aye me mate was ogling the bottles when we were in a few weeks ago. There and Delta Lounge are canny enough, wouldn't do them all the time like. Music in Delta Lounge was a bit ropey anarl. OK if you like screamy metal I suppose

Fuck. In Beer St. Looked at the bottle shop & there’s loads of Omnipollo & Pohjala. Think I’ll nip back before the last metro & get a couple. There’s a Omnipollo for £14.95. I might be about to break my own price record here.
At that beer festival I was at the other week Omnipollo brought a magnum of some daft sugar mess of an impy stout and cracked it to share with a lucky few. I looked online a few days later out of interest to see what it would cost to buy one - it was £250. :eek::lol: There's your next stage purchase.

Off the ground coffee house ? Nearly went to that last night but went to the music quiz at Play Brew instead , not sure if mentioned before but you need to pay Top of the Hops a visit if you haven't already been , just on Stockton high street.
Aye that's the place. Lads who run it are great like.

Yeah, top of the hops is class. Been a few times - going back to their old premises too. In that neck of the woods you been into the Golden Smog in Stockton? Also canny.
It's class in there too. Upstairs is topper

Last edited:
We've all been waiting to see if you went back and what the damage was :lol:
I’m stuck on the metro now. The damage is yet to be done. Sumats happened at Heworth. Problem is, I’m on the Shields train & pissed. I need to remember to get off & swap otherwise I’m gannin to Whitley Bay
I’m stuck on the metro now. The damage is yet to be done. Sumats happened at Heworth. Problem is, I’m on the Shields train & pissed. I need to remember to get off & swap otherwise I’m gannin to Whitley Bay
By the way, I biught

Omnipollo Mam Nut
Omnipollo Anagram
Omnipollo Siren
Omnipollo Nooa Soop
Demoesrsleutel Aztec Hot Chocolate

Last edited:

Mate from work (mag from Shields) got the wrong train after a mags game, fell asleep and woke up in South Hylton. In his mag top....

He survived.

Vaux been in London this week for a collab with Howling Hops. Local Collab completed with Hadrian which is pale hopped with fuggles and Sabro and all going into cask. Those that enjoyed the Raspberry sour might be in for another treat this Month with a Cherry sour on the way.

Aye that's the place. Lads who run it are great like.

Yeah, top of the hops is class. Been a few times - going back to their old premises too. In that neck of the woods you been into the Golden Smog in Stockton? Also canny.

It's class in there too. Upstairs is topper
Yeah I like the Golden Smog been a few times ,to be fair is a few really good craft pubs around that area serving class beer you would never expect to see on Stockton high street.

Last edited:
Vaux been in London this week for a collab with Howling Hops. Local Collab completed with Hadrian which is pale hopped with fuggles and Sabro and all going into cask. Those that enjoyed the Raspberry sour might be in for another treat this Month with a Cherry sour on the way.
Aye I saw that, should be cracking. Quite exciting times for Vaux at the moment, I really like what they're doing with these collabs and the introduction of cask.

I think I'm going to our local bottle shops birthday party tonight so I might pester them to start stocking Vaux in the future. Maybe this Howling Hops collab will help them with reputation down here as they're (understandably) totally unknown.

Back