Craft Beer

Different folks, isn't it? I'm sure you drop more money on stuff that I think it silly. I wouldn't judge

I do but I wouldn’t care if someone thought I was a helmet.
It’s only an opinion, it’s says a lot about some people if they actually care what I say.

I’m sure I’ve said this before on another subject, I’ve got a bit of deja vu typing this.

I will leave you all in peace and refrain from posting in this thread, cheers chaps.
Happens on every thread where someone talks about something more expensive than the norm. Best off just cracking on with the thread as normal.

Well said.

The issue appears to be with cans, where he thinks cans should always be cheap as chips regardless of he quality. Think its a bit of a dated view.
We had an old fella walk into the pub half cut yesterday...asks for a couple of cans so the lad working suggests a couple of Verdant which the fella seemed happy about. He then told the fella they were £5.20 each and the bloke just started swearing and saying how he was a neighbour so they shouldn't be so expensive before walking out empty handed. :lol:

We had an old fella walk into the pub half cut yesterday...asks for a couple of cans so the lad working suggests a couple of Verdant which the fella seemed happy about. He then told the fella they were £5.20 each and the bloke just started swearing and saying how he was a neighbour so they shouldn't be so expensive before walking out empty handed. :lol:
:lol:
I struggled at first getting over the price then realised I was supping an 8% DIPA which is like drinking two cans anyhoo. :lol:
:lol: Yup. And of better quality.

Not bad for Verdant that :D

Big shout out for One More Than Two in shields.

Didn't have a couple of cans I had ordered online last night so just told me to go into their container and pick any two I wanted. Happy days.

Well cloudwater brewery was lovely. Was seriously tempted to buy a lambic style beer called ‘when you are with friends, you could have a potato’ but my girlfriend talked me out of it as it was 19 quid

Just good to be back inside visiting the good places
By all accounts Cloudwater's mixed ferm stuff has improved dramatically this last year since they put the marketing lead (?) in charge.

He loves lambics, gueuze etc and goes over to Brussels all the time to taste them so has a fantastic palette for it. They've allowed him to lead on the wild side of the brewery and taught him the ropes. Seems to be paying off now!
Got four of theirs lined up for later today.
Collab with Beak on the way, two beers.

I'm booked into Exale taproom at the weekend. Wanted a weekend off after spending a bastard fortune last weekend (got on a train to London from Lewes and ended up in Brighton :lol:), but couldn't resist the call to watch the Euros in the brewery.

What just because I think it’s ridiculous paying nearly £5 for a can of beer?

Whether it’s treating yourself or not doesn’t make my view on that any different.
Absolutely entitled to your own view. Don’t be surprised if people question your view or provide alternatives to your opinion if you’re on a thread where people enjoy and discuss more expensive craft beer. :lol:
His wasn’t called Joe was he?

Last edited:
By all accounts Cloudwater's mixed ferm stuff has improved dramatically this last year since they put the marketing lead (?) in charge.

He loves lambics, gueuze etc and goes over to Brussels all the time to taste them so has a fantastic palette for it. They've allowed him to lead on the wild side of the brewery and taught him the ropes. Seems to be paying off now!

Collab with Beak on the way, two beers.

I'm booked into Exale taproom at the weekend. Wanted a weekend off after spending a bastard fortune last weekend (got on a train to London from Lewes and ended up in Brighton :lol:), but couldn't resist the call to watch the Euros in the brewery.
Tremendous :lol:
His wasn’t called Joe was he?
:lol:

Last edited:
In London next weekend. Any good taprooms in the east/north?
Loads. If you want a crawl I'd recommend starting at Pressure Drop and then walking across the reservoirs to Wild Card and Hackney Brewery then down into Signature Brew, Exale and Trumans (this one is a bit shit imo but you'll be clattered by that point). You can walk in to any of them and get a seat no bother.

Alternatively you could go to Hackney Central and do The Experiment (Pressure Drop x Verdant), Hackney Church Brewery, Deviant & Dandy as well as Five Points and London Fields Brewery. All within spitting distance of each other.

Hackney Wick has Crate and Howling Hops in the same courtyard area, plus the Beer Merchants Tap around the corner.

To stick north you could go to Hammerton just up from King's Cross, Two Tribes have a taproom nearby too.

Give me a shout if you want any other recommendations.

Back