Craft Beer

Depends what it is. Price doesn't always dictate the quality. Guinness is my go to beer and it's one of the cheapest in the country.

What is your point here? :lol:
Well I drink Guinness, are you saying a can of that beer is what, 5 times better to justify the price?

I can't see whats wrong with treating yourself with an expensive beer now and again
My drinking habits have changed massively. Now I'd much rather pay 40 quid for five really good beers than ten bog standards. But I understand some drink simply to get pissed and will look at quantity rather than quality.

Last edited:
Well I drink Guinness, are you saying a can of that beer is what, 5 times better to justify the price?
Does it need to be? There's space for both. It's serving a different purpose. Guinness is a social beer, I'll drink it in the pub or if I'm out to get pissed.

If I want to sit there and enjoy my drinking experience I'll buy a selection of cans from different breweries at around a 5er a pop. I'll enjoy them in a completely different way to chugging back pints of the black stuff.

Does it need to be? There's space for both. It's serving a different purpose. Guinness is a social beer, I'll drink it in the pub or if I'm out to get pissed.

If I want to sit there and enjoy my drinking experience I'll buy a selection of cans from different breweries at around a 5er a pop. I'll enjoy them in a completely different way to chugging back pints of the black stuff.
I have no problem with people spending whatever they want, coke and hookers if they see fit but there isn't really a case that because a can of beer is expensive it's much greater.
For me it's the old, slap 5 unknown bottles of beer into glasses, I very much doubt you could separate them in price.

Well that's enough of that, I'll have a try if I see some when I'm out.

It’s like any other premium product, the increase in quality isn’t linear.
I’d you’re happy to pay the premium then pay it, if not then leave those that are happy to do so.

It’s like any other premium product, the increase in quality isn’t linear.
I’d you’re happy to pay the premium then pay it, if not then leave those that are happy to do so.
My point was the difference between the drinking at home and a pint out and about.
It's a case of these breweries getting as much out of the customer as they can, haha get it.

I don't have a problem paying for a pint but sitting in the house without much difference, as I said that was a thing from my youth not today.
I'm not paying £4.95 for one can of beer, it makes absolutely no sense to me.
I admire those that love the experience whilst @dangermows is out enjoying it for, if you take the extra millilitres into account not much more.

Well done @dangermows I say.

I have no problem with people spending whatever they want, coke and hookers if they see fit but there isn't really a case that because a can of beer is expensive it's much greater.
For me it's the old, slap 5 unknown bottles of beer into glasses, I very much doubt you could separate them in price.

Well that's enough of that, I'll have a try if I see some when I'm out.
Are you sure? :lol:

Not long ago I paid twenty quid for two cans. Both abvs in double figures and both absolutely tremendous.

@Longy often does this.
Well, not often, but I don’t shit myself at it anymore. Truth is you’re getting something that isn’t widely available & is far superior quality. It’s expensive & a luxury, but if you’re into it it’s worth it.

Or regularly
Tell me about it
I see we have a new scunnydan on the thread in the form of @joemcdokes :lol:
Well cloudwater brewery was lovely. Was seriously tempted to buy a lambic style beer called ‘when you are with friends, you could have a potato’ but my girlfriend talked me out of it as it was 19 quid

Just good to be back inside visiting the good places
Love their taproom mind.

Last edited:
I didn’t realise there was an exclusivity to the thread.

Can you list the things I cannot disagree on, there wasn’t a disclaimer in the opening post.

I could say why are you quoting me but I’ll refrain.
You can disagree with whatever you like, I just can't understand the motivation to come on a thread about craft beer just to call people helmets because they enjoy it.

Back