Craft Beer

Although we are now well catered for it still does tend to get some stuff the other local places mentioned don't. The recent offerings from Verdant and the 10%ers from S43 were only there which is why I went through.

Edit. Faustos stocking some good uns too. Got a load of different Vaux and Full Circle in. And often offer 20% discounts.
Fausto do beers as well? Have to say like, think I’d only buy Vaux from Vaux. They’re closer to me than the shops, but don’t have to mark up the cans so it’s about a quid cheaper than what I’ve seen in the shops.

Although we are now well catered for it still does tend to get some stuff the other local places mentioned don't. The recent offerings from Verdant and the 10%ers from S43 were only there which is why I went through.

Edit. Faustos stocking some good uns too. Got a load of different Vaux and Full Circle in. And often offer 20% discounts.
If I’m keen to get hold of s43 gear, Ben at Hopknocker is my go to. Order online for a pickup on Thursday - usually the same day/day after canning. Love a pint there and a bit crack on. Preferred it inside, but he’s making a good go of the outside space he has. He’s a bit more expensive than other places, but hey ho. He’s not standing still either, he’s getting a deli fridge in, so people can have a bite to eat with a beer. He’s going to outgrow the property before long.

for sheer range, you can’t beat Rehills. It’s a little less personal, but I still try and chat with the lads in there, they must get a ton of people through like, cos they never remember me! I keep an eye on their socials looking for what they’re getting in. Love a mooch on stout shelf 😎

I’ve noticed a place up at Framwellgate moor too- anyone been in?
Fausto do beers as well? Have to say like, think I’d only buy Vaux from Vaux. They’re closer to me than the shops, but don’t have to mark up the cans so it’s about a quid cheaper than what I’ve seen in the shops.
Aye - I picked up the last Vaux ones in Fausto. Takeaway mind I’m not boozing at 10 on a Sunday morning. Do a cracking bacon sandwich though. Just noticed what you said about Vaux - can you rock up and buy cans there???

Last edited:

Yup.

Know what you mean but Faustos had a few of the Hazy IPA which were no longer available at Vaux. Got 6 each of Black Wave and the Brown Ale.

Think they were £4.20 before discount.

Be good when Vaux tap room is sorted.

Last edited:
If I’m keen to get hold of s43 gear, Ben at Hopknocker is my go to. Order online for a pickup on Thursday - usually the same day/day after canning. Love a pint there and a bit crack on. Preferred it inside, but he’s making a good go of the outside space he has. He’s a bit more expensive than other places, but hey ho. He’s not standing still either, he’s getting a deli fridge in, so people can have a bite to eat with a beer. He’s going to outgrow the property before long.

for sheer range, you can’t beat Rehills. It’s a little less personal, but I still try and chat with the lads in there, they must get a ton of people through like, cos they never remember me! I keep an eye on their socials looking for what they’re getting in. Love a mooch on stout shelf 😎

Aye - I picked up the last Vaux ones in Fausto. Takeaway mind I’m not boozing at 10 on a Sunday morning. Do a cracking bacon sandwich though. Just noticed what you said about Vaux - can you rock up and buy cans there???
Might have to give that place a try as unless I'm ordering online I get all my gear from Torque, Blues and Rehills usually.

Order online & pick up at the door. Not sure if you’re allowed to just turn up
Yup.

Know what you mean but Faustos had a few of the Hazy IPA which were no longer available at Vaux. Got 6 each of Black Wave and the Brown Ale.

Think they were £4.20 before discount.

Be good when Vaux tap room is sorted.
The Black Wave is tremendous. The Brown Ale is good too. Can’t wait for them to knock out an Impy stout. Aye, the tap room looked great when I poked my head in the door. Can imagine it being bouncing on a match day, especially for big games.

Last edited:

Holy grale do that with the fridge. Got block n bottle meats etc in there. Range of nuts and snacks too on a shelf

The Black Wave is tremendous. The Brown Ale is good too. Can’t wait for them to knock out an Impy stout. Aye, the tap room looked great when I poked my head in the door. Can imagine it being bouncing on a match day, especially for big games.

With the next brew of Black Wave they're going for a thicker mouthfeel. The flavour was fine but I did feel it was a touch on the thin side for an oatmeal stout. I loved the brown ale, had a roasty vibe to it. Almost stout/porter like

Ah right. Might wait till they’re back to normal before I give them a go. Half the fun is having a pint when you’re picking beers up :lol:
Holy grale do that with the fridge. Got block n bottle meats etc in there. Range of nuts and snacks too on a shelf
Going to have to give them another go. Only been once or twice

With the next brew of Black Wave they're going for a thicker mouthfeel. The flavour was fine but I did feel it was a touch on the thin side for an oatmeal stout. I loved the brown ale, had a roasty vibe to it. Almost stout/porter like
How do you know that? Speaking to them or have they got a blog or something?

Thicker is always good. It tends to accompany a bigger abv too. Are they keeping it the same or going up?

Thicker is always good. It tends to accompany a bigger abv too. Are they keeping it the same or going up?
I’m going to be camping out in there once the taproom opens. :lol:

will definitely be my go to on a match day. That and the isis on the way home. Still blown away I had a pint of Deya in Sunderland last week man. :cool:

Had a few pints of Steady Rollin Man by Deya in the Isis the other day - I don’t think I’ve ever had a better pint in all honesty.

Drinking a few Sierra Nevada Pale Ales now. Not a craft beer but very nice IMO.
They’re a cracking brewery. Being able to get a pint of that in Sunderland is class like. Shows you how much the place is coming on.

years since I was in there. I’ll be going back. Frequently :lol:

I’m going to be camping out in there once the taproom opens. :lol:

will definitely be my go to on a match day. That and the isis on the way home. Still blown away I had a pint of Deya in Sunderland last week man. :cool:

Aye that's tremendous. What's the set up like in terms of beer garden in Isis? I've gone there for years but never known if they have outdoor space. Fancy an afternooner back end of the week.

Been talking to one of them. Think the ABV will be the same they just want the oatmeal to be a bit more of a factor, which should in turn improve the mouthfeel.

Had a few pints of Steady Rollin Man by Deya in the Isis the other day - I don’t think I’ve ever had a better pint in all honesty.

Drinking a few Sierra Nevada Pale Ales now. Not a craft beer but very nice IMO.
I'm not really sure what craft is tbh, but SN are still independently owned and knock out cracking beers. Torpedo IPA is still one of the best beers around imo.

Back