Craft Beer

Flattened a ton at Rehills loading up on a load of different offerings from Verdant.

Also got 18 cans of Full Circles lager as the offer was 6 tins for a 5er.

Thought that pineapple one sounded truly disgusting. :lol:

I tried that BrewDog marshmallow pineapple thing the other week too. An abomination of a drink.

Pressure Drop are releasing a pared back version of their insane mango and coconut sour this Friday. I'll have to give it a go, the original was sensational.

Pineapple upsidedown was canny, the cherry bakewell was really underwhelming. Proper disappointed in it.

Meeting our friends tomorrow. They’ve suggested Exhibition Park :cool:

I’ll not be drinking there, but It’d be rude not to purchase stuff.

Never been to Rehills either. I’ve asked the wife & she said I’m allowed to go.

Need to get back into Blues too. Haven’t been in since the bottle shop & terrace got re-opened.

Last edited:

Never been to Rehills either. I’ve asked the wife & she said I’m allowed to go.

Need to get back into Blues too. Haven’t been in since the bottle shop & terrace got re-opened.
Be a real shame if you ended up outside of Wylams like.

Rehills is class. Always make time to visit if I'm that way on.

Canny hour or two at HopKnocker yesterday. Off the beer gardens now until I'm allowed back in places. Got a few lined up for the first weekend they're allowed to open up inside.

Last edited:
Be a real shame if you ended up outside of Wylams like.

Rehills is class. Always make time to visit if I'm that way on.

Canny hour or two at HopKnocker yesterday. Off the beer gardens now until I'm allowed back in places. Got a few lined up for the first weekend they're allowed to open up inside.
Not one customer at Wylam, which is understandable since is was wazzing it down. No option to buy takeaway though, which seems a bit short sighted.

Went to Rehills, it’s good, but wondering if I’d make a special trip across when I’ve got Blues & the Little Shop closer. It’d be good if they had a stock list online, but they don’t.

Anyhow, but six new’uns

Evil Twin - Even More Jesus Imperial Stout - 12%
Salt - Imperial Egg Hunt - Imperial Chocolate Stout - 10%
Omnipollo - Pecan Mud Imperial Stout - 11%
Sam Smiths - Imperial Stout - 7%
Northern Alchemy - Chocolate & Mint Milk Stout - 5.1%
Anarchy Brew - The Great Elmyra Barley Wine - 10%

All will be new Untappd check ins, it’ll be my Barley Wine debut as well.

Not one customer at Wylam, which is understandable since is was wazzing it down. No option to buy takeaway though, which seems a bit short sighted.

Went to Rehills, it’s good, but wondering if I’d make a special trip across when I’ve got Blues & the Little Shop closer. It’d be good if they had a stock list online, but they don’t.

Anyhow, but six new’uns

We’ve done a whopping 3 transactions so far today, disheartening but you’ve got to take the rough with the smooth.

Even More Jesus is a cracking straight up imp stout.

We’ve done a whopping 3 transactions so far today, disheartening but you’ve got to take the rough with the smooth.

Even More Jesus is a cracking straight up imp stout.
Never heard of it. Only know them for their Brew Dog colab for the Vietnamese Stout. But if you see US breweries over here they seem to cost a fortune. Think that was about £8 & I haven’t even seen it on any websites so seems a decent one to grab.

I’m guessing you’ll have had a ride in business prior to this weekend to make up for it? As I mentioned, Wylam Brewery was empty. If it’d been even passable weather I’m guessing they’d have packed it out.

Anyhow, but six new’uns

Rehills is good and 10-15 years ago there was very little like it around here. When I see the stuff other places get in however I think I can get most of what I want closer to home. Keep saying I need to go, and haven't bothered for ages.

Never heard of it. Only know them for their Brew Dog colab for the Vietnamese Stout. But if you see US breweries over here they seem to cost a fortune. Think that was about £8 & I haven’t even seen it on any websites so seems a decent one to grab.

I’m guessing you’ll have had a ride in business prior to this weekend to make up for it? As I mentioned, Wylam Brewery was empty. If it’d been even passable weather I’m guessing they’d have packed it out.
Yeah, we’ve had 1 great week and 2 good weeks so can’t grumble, weather like today was bound to happen at some point.

Just been down to Morrison’s. Seen a few Facebook pages saying they’re selling a few things off to make way for new lines. Norse Star, usually £4, £1.40. Wilde Child Explicit Emphasis, usually £3, 75p. Shelves were empty :(

If anybody had of left any I’d have emptied them anyway.

Rehills is good and 10-15 years ago there was very little like it around here. When I see the stuff other places get in however I think I can get most of what I want closer to home. Keep saying I need to go, and haven't bothered for ages.
I literally bought what I hadn’t seen elsewhere. Saying that, I can walk into Blues & buy 10 stouts I hadn’t seen before. I stopped myself from buying the Cloudwater stout cos it was another tenner & I’ve seen it online.

Although we are now well catered for it still does tend to get some stuff the other local places mentioned don't. The recent offerings from Verdant and the 10%ers from S43 were only there which is why I went through.

Edit. Faustos stocking some good uns too. Got a load of different Vaux and Full Circle in. And often offer 20% discounts.

Last edited:

Back