Craft Beer

Stupid question but what’s up with certain Belgian beers having a bubblegum flavour to them? I always find Kwak reminiscent of a bubblegum flavour and can’t work out why

Had a Vietnamese coffee one recently, forget who by but bought it in Tesco

Lusherooney it was
Roaster Coaster. Probably the best supermarket offering I reckon.
I agree with @Jenks. Half the price it would be if it wasn’t Brewdog & in Tesco. You could have a proper good drink between Tesco & Morrison’s, it’s just you always want to find something new after!

Just opened that Aldi Stout About it. Tastes like sick

Already had -

Looper - IPA, wasn’t for me. I blame you lit
Eden Moon - Canny, but too placid
Espresso Martini Milk Stout - canny
Brew York - Chocolate Story - disappointed. The first Brew York stout that’s average
Northern Star - The biscuit one - second time I’ve had it. Think it’s really good.

Already had -

Brew York - Chocolate Story - disappointed. The first Brew York stout that’s average
Northern Star - The biscuit one - second time I’ve had it. Think it’s really good.

I tried that strawberry one they had called were jammin or something and it was absolutely disgusting. Had to struggle through that.

I tried that strawberry one they had called were jammin or something and it was absolutely disgusting. Had to struggle through that.
Read a few reviews of these beers, think there’s 4 of them & thought it was just people whinging on because it’s Aldi. That’s strawberry one has got some horrendous reviews

Already had -

That looks like sprint pace to me, good luck marra!

Read a few reviews of these beers, think there’s 4 of them & thought it was just people whinging on because it’s Aldi. That’s strawberry one has got some horrendous reviews

I apologised to my sink when I poured the strawberry one away. Quite possibly the worst beer I've ever had. I saw the Aldi stout last week and didn't bother as Aldi beers are pretty much all terrible.

I apologised to my sink when I poured the strawberry one away. Quite possibly the worst beer I've ever had. I saw the Aldi stout last week and didn't bother as Aldi beers are pretty much all terrible.

I powered through the first one but then decided the second one wasn’t worth the same pain. I agree, possibly the worst I’ve ever had.

Ive got a can of Deya glue, as well and crocodile tiers for tonight. Excited to try.

Not sure if it's classed as craft but I've been enjoying this lately :

Saw it in Aldi and picked it up to try. Don't drink lager often these days but enjoyed it.

Just tried a can of Witbier orange and vanilla I got from beer52 this month. Possibly the worst thing I’ve ever tasted. Even worse than the Aldi strawberry lager. Tasted like when you’re sick in your mouth. I usually like orangey flavoured beers but this was just odd.

Had a bottle of Thornbridge Satzuma before though and that was lush. One of the best citrus beers I’ve had.

Last edited:
Just tried a can of Witbier orange and vanilla I got from beer52 this month. Possibly the worst thing I’ve ever tasted. Even worse than the Aldi strawberry lager. Tasted like when you’re sick in your mouth. I usually like orangey flavoured beers but this was just odd.

Had a bottle of Thornbridge Satzuma before though and that was lush. One of the best citrus beers I’ve had.
The best orange beer I’ve ever had was Beavertown Bloody Ell about 4 years ago, it was tremendous. Sadly, it’s now watery shite.

Funnily enough I tried a can of that last weekend and thought it was pretty average. Was expecting better.
It used to be brilliant, it was 6.something% and was only released once a year when Seville oranges were in season. Now it’s just a cheap imitation.

Back