Craft Beer

27 notes on three desserts in a can for later on. Seen them about but never sampled so thought feck it.

Edit: Gingerbread, Marzipan and Pistachio. The missus had a say as she wants some sips.
Aye, never bought any, wouldn’t mind trying but £9 for a 330ml can feels like a big treat. The Little Shop had about 5/6 versions in the other day.

They did a "Juice Forsythe" one in Morrisons that tasted similar to your description. I drank it like, but wouldn't buy any more from them.
I've never had a good Brew York beer and I hate all of their beer names. :lol:

I see Brewdog have knocked Punk IPA down to 5.4% from 5.6%. Haven't tried a Punk in years but I'd be interested in trying again to see whether it has noticeably changed. That's some lockdown boredom for you there.
😄 the thought is putting me off the dank Vocation DIPA I’m currently chugging
Smash and Grab? I had one of those on Friday and thought it was poor. Really watery mouthfeel which I'm not a fan of with a DIPA. Think my expectations of DIPAs have been skewed by pretty much only drinking Verdant and Pressure Drop which are the best in the business!

Last edited:

I see Brewdog have knocked Punk IPA down to 5.4% from 5.6%. Haven't tried a Punk in years but I'd be interested in trying again to see whether it has noticeably changed. That's some lockdown boredom for you there.

Don’t do it.

Smash and Grab? I had one of those on Friday and thought it was poor. Really watery mouthfeel which I'm not a fan of with a DIPA. Think my expectations of DIPAs have been skewed by pretty much only drinking Verdant and Pressure Drop which are the best in the business!

I know you like burnt mill, what you think of there dipa? Great glacial lake.

I know you like burnt mill, what you think of there dipa? Great glacial lake.
Never tried it. I really enjoy a west coast IPA but I'm a bit unsure about west coast DIPAs. I love smashing through a few westies as they're lovely and crisp with a great bitterness. Think with a double you lose that side of the drink as it's more of a sipper which I think is better suited to these New England style hop bombs.

I've only tried a few though so maybe I'll change my mind. Where did you buy this one from? There's a new corner shop that has opened up near me that sells quite a few Burnt Mill beers.

It was Vocation x Sure shot 15 mile round trip. Came in a box with a 10% TIPA Mesmerism and a couple of others. Smash and Grab wasn’t one they sent

Never tried it. I really enjoy a west coast IPA but I'm a bit unsure about west coast DIPAs. I love smashing through a few westies as they're lovely and crisp with a great bitterness. Think with a double you lose that side of the drink as it's more of a sipper which I think is better suited to these New England style hop bombs.

I've only tried a few though so maybe I'll change my mind. Where did you buy this one from? There's a new corner shop that has opened up near me that sells quite a few Burnt Mill beers.

I would agree with what you say there as it does lose some of the crispness. Still a decent one but I do prefer the West Coast IPA. Thinks it was from @DoctorMick

a couple from the weekend

Logon or register to see this image

this one was very nice and will be getting it again, be ideal in the summer

Logon or register to see this image

this weeks order

my beer chap has started getting some ciders as well

Order Summary

Juicy Lucy – Play – 6% Triple Fruited Sour
SKU: PA004

Choca Bloca – Play – 7% Chewy Toffee & Choc Milk Stout
SKU: PA006

Moose Mousse – Fierce – 4.5% Choc & Vanilla Stout
SKU: FI003

Raspberry Tart – Fierce – 4.5% Raspberry Sour
SKU: FI004

Blackcurrant Tart – Fierce – 4.5% Blackcurrant Sour
SKU: FI001

Hippie Tripper – Against The Grain Cidery – 4% Cherry & Pomegranate Cider
SKU: AG002

Forager – Kentish Pip – 4% Hedgerow Berry Cider
SKU: KP004

Unbeliever – Abbeydale – 4.5% Winter Berry Sour
SKU: AB006

Strawberry Mojito – Bumble Bee Cider – 4% Strawberry Mojito Cider
SKU: BBC002

Last edited:
Got a lad from graft dabbling now. Last couple of months his been gobsmacked at the prices, loves real ale but likes the 4 for 6 offers etc. He's started sampling a few of the more expensive stuff (for him) at 3 and 4 quid a can. And already reckons the difference is obvious. Just text saying every Friday he's getting a few different ones to try and he is going to rate them. Once you're in... Another ones wallet is soon to be getting hammered :lol:

Last edited:

Back