Craft Beer

Fair enough haven't been for a while like is there a decent choice I'm guessing they are totally fine I drink them straight away anyway
Its just a small section like in most supermarkets where they put whoopsees, end of day stuff, sell by etc. Not just beer, but have picked up various 4 packs and 6 packs before. Tends to be around 7am.

depends, is brewdog craft anymore, or is their beer now the mainstream?
BD Overworks is carrying on the craft side of things with Brewdog. Their headliners Punk, Elvis have definitely parked their tanks on the mainstreams lawn like
I know it's probably not craft beer, but Tesco have Hazy Jane for £12 for 12.
Don’t mind a hazy Jane. Triple Hazy is not to be taken lightly

Last edited:
BD Overworks is carrying on the craft side of things with Brewdog. Their headliners Punk, Elvis have definitely parked their tanks on the mainstreams lawn like

Don’t mind a hazy Jane. Triple Hazy is not to be taken lightly

I haven’t enjoyed any of their recent supermarket efforts, yet the cans and draught they have in their bars are always quality.

Layer Cake and Roaster Coaster. Thought they were awful.

I haven’t enjoyed any of their recent supermarket efforts, yet the cans and draught they have in their bars are always quality.

Layer cake was pretty nasty. Didn’t mind Roaster Coaster. Some of their more obscure Overworks stuff is awesome.
I do like sours, and the Brett beers though. Oh and impy stouts. And double ipas etc etc :lol:

I recommend the marks and Spencer’s own brand Belgian lager and Czech Pilsner. Brewed in those countries by respected breweries - very good. Although they aren’t particularly cheap.

Layer cake was pretty nasty. Didn’t mind Roaster Coaster. Some of their more obscure Overworks stuff is awesome.
I do like sours, and the Brett beers though. Oh and impy stouts. And double ipas etc etc :lol:

Hadn’t even tried a sour until I had a Vocation blood orange one. Lovely. £2 from Tesco, naturally they stopped selling it altogether :lol:

Hadn’t even tried a sour until I had a Vocation blood orange one. Lovely. £2 from Tesco, naturally they stopped selling it altogether :lol:
I had a couple of Sour stouts just before lockdown. Arcade City from Overworks. Just fantastic
Love their ales, fairly sure they have a taproom at their new premises on the Benfield Industrial Estate. Right next to Anarchy Brew so a visit to both can be done.

I prefer twobytwo brewery though
Almasty have a new place there too. They have some nice stuff

I like both, unlike me as I'm starting to avoid sweeter stouts. I plan on doing a side by side of Layer Cake and Stay Puft at some point.

Love their ales, fairly sure they have a taproom at their new premises on the Benfield Industrial Estate. Right next to Anarchy Brew so a visit to both can be done.

I prefer twobytwo brewery though

Almasty, alpha delta, Wylam, two by two, full circle and errant. Throw Vaux in as well we have some very good local beers. Not as much a fan of anarchy mind.
Full Circle’s Snake Island is a cracking stout. They’ve used Simcoe Hops in it, really really good and on the dryer side.

Had one a couple of weeks ago, put the second can in the fridge earlier 😎

I recommend the marks and Spencer’s own brand Belgian lager and Czech Pilsner. Brewed in those countries by respected breweries - very good. Although they aren’t particularly cheap.

Was given a can of, I think, the Belgian on the train after Oxford in Feb and was really pleasantly surprised. Tend to go for Mikkeller if I'm in M&S though.

Home bargains have crafty Dan 13 guns on for £2.50 for four cans. Says it's craft but I'm doubtful. Can't go wrong at about a pound a pint mind. Don't buy it expecting a light coloured ipa though.

Back