Craft Beer

Lists are usually bollocks. I remember a camra rated book that had a thousand beers to try before you die. One of them was holts best. A shite metallic tasting bitter (and I'm a fan of best bitters).

Lists are usually bollocks. I remember a camra rated book that had a thousand beers to try before you die. One of them was holts best. A shite metallic tasting bitter (and I'm a fan of best bitters).
Usually I’d agree but this is punter rated and I think they have a wide reach. Big fan of the U.K. breweries mentioned (except Fullers).

I see what you mean. I actually don't mind a flp
It’s ok. Funnily enough I used to quite like Holts when I lived in NW and it was always cheap!
Top 10 on that list all American apart from the excellent Cloudwater.

Been wanting to go to America for a beer led trip.
America went from serving up the worst beer in world to best in space of a few years

Last edited:
It’s ok. Funnily enough I used to quite like Holts when I lived in NW and it was always cheap!

America went from serving up the worst beer in world to best in space of a few years
I would say it was about 40-50 years. From 60s till about 2010, probably earlier.
I am currently whaffing some Behind Door Number 3 by Pressure Drop at their Aussie Bush fire fundraiser.

Can confirm absolutely lusherooney hazy juicy DIPA boiii

Get a hold of some if you're lucky enough.
I was at that and drank the door number 3 too!

Last edited:
Luminous Lights New England IPA (aldi) and Green Mountain (most supermarkets) are my easily obtainable beers of choice at the minute.

Back