Craft Beer

Be devastating if Cloudwater fail. ☹️
It would. Wander Beyond put their brewery up for sale this week so I assume they're done as well, though not sure what is happening, 'relocation to Europe' apparently.
A heads up to those who may have missed it on the other thread. Vaux have got a beer on sale at the minute with all profit going towards Faye Fantarrow's fund.

Get involved in a 6 pack if you can and support a great cause: Webshop

You can read more about her story here: Help raise £450000 to Fight for Faye

Last edited:
It would. Wander Beyond put their brewery up for sale this week so I assume they're done as well, though not sure what is happening, 'relocation to Europe' apparently.
A heads up to those who may have missed it on the other thread. Vaux have got a beer on sale at the minute with all profit going towards Faye Fantarrow's fund.

Get involved in a 6 pack if you can and support a great cause: Webshop

You can read more about her story here: Help raise £450000 to Fight for Faye
That’s a shame. Think they owned The Knott near Deansgate which closed over lockdown, was a cracking pub.

That’s a shame. Think they owned The Knott near Deansgate which closed over lockdown, was a cracking pub.
Used to love it there. Nothing better than sitting outside upstairs when it was a sunny day. Liked there beers as well. Whenever I’m through Chorlton they seem to have a fair few in Chorlton tap so always stop there

Well, dry Jan has finished. Roll on wet Feb!

I nearly signed up, if it was closer to £30 I probably would have.
I’ve probably done it as a sense of loyalty more than anything. I’d be better off picking my own boxes, but £3.50 per drink is decent.

At Pop Recs tonight, so I’ll be having a few Black Wave. School night though, so not too much.

Well, dry Jan has finished. Roll on wet Feb!

I nearly signed up, if it was closer to £30 I probably would have.

Aye, had a look after @Longy mentioned it and personally, whilst on the face of it the value could be good, I'd rather pay more but choose my own. Anything in there of a style I dislike would piss me off.

I'm struggling of late to find the energy to go out so sticking to the odd can in the house but having had 2 trips to Rehills last month, plus the Fight for Faye cans, I just don't need anything.

Last thing I need is beer in the house 😂. Since the end of lockdown I stick to pubs and taprooms. I buy the odd can now and then, but stick to weekends out mainly.
Mind, I’m more or less back to pre-covid habits now. Gigs & the odd match for drinking. Rarely drinking in the house for the sake of it now. Might have a quick warm up can before going out tonight.

Owa lass asked me to stop buying cans for the house, but I’m not sure I can do that :lol:

Mind, I’m more or less back to pre-covid habits now. Gigs & the odd match for drinking. Rarely drinking in the house for the sake of it now. Might have a quick warm up can before going out tonight.

Owa lass asked me to stop buying cans for the house, but I’m not sure I can do that :lol:

I needed none but took the daughter to Newcastle the other day. Jesmond is only a few minutes away....

I needed none but took the daughter to Newcastle the other day. Jesmond is only a few minutes away....
Exactly the same for me. If I’m in the area, got to pop in. Went for a pizza from Slice the other day, had to get a can of Stormy Petrel to top up the stocks.

York in a few weeks time, looks like owa lass has talked me out of drinking, food & spending time together it is. Holding hands & shit. I’ll get a few take outs from House of Trembling Madness though!

Exactly the same for me. If I’m in the area, got to pop in. Went for a pizza from Slice the other day, had to get a can of Stormy Petrel to top up the stocks.

York in a few weeks time, looks like owa lass has talked me out of drinking, food & spending time together it is. Holding hands & shit. I’ll get a few take outs from House of Trembling Madness though!

I love York. Missus even agrees now to go to HOTM as well even though she's not keen. I'm still not right mind so even when we do get down the all day sessions look a thing of the past. Still, at least I'm still around.

I love York. Missus even agrees now to go to HOTM as well even though she's not keen. I'm still not right mind so even when we do get down the all day sessions look a thing of the past. Still, at least I'm still around.
That’s the main thing like!

Had a can of Susquehanna Orange Is The New Ale & onto a Fairytale of Brew York now.

That orange stuff is surprisingly nice. The Brew York stuff is canny. Nice hint of ginger, but just needs to be stronger to bring the flavours forward. It’s too cold like, drink straight from the fridge.

Last edited:
That’s the main thing like!

Had a can of Susquehanna Orange Is The New Ale & onto a Fairytale of Brew York now.

That orange stuff is surprisingly nice. The Brew York stuff is canny. Nice hint of ginger, but just needs to be stronger to bring the flavours forward. It’s too cold like, drink straight from the fridge.
100% this. Hope you’re firmly on the mend @Town End Farmer Giles 😎

I’m currently on day 3 of an inclusive and just about sick of the tropical canarian pilsner. Friday we’re off to Las Palmas, and I’ve lined up a little craft beer place off the beaten track :lol:

I’ve probably done it as a sense of loyalty more than anything. I’d be better off picking my own boxes, but £3.50 per drink is decent.

At Pop Recs tonight, so I’ll be having a few Black Wave. School night though, so not too much.
Aye I see what you mean. It is good value when you put it like that.

With me homebrewing I spend about £50 a month already on grain and hops so I need to watch myself. Kegged 19L of pale the other week so that is ready to consume. It is actually the recipe from a Unity Brewing beer called Conflux which I have had previously so interested to see if I have done it justice. Nice and steady.
Vocation have a canny sale on at the mo.

Last edited:

Back