Craft Beer

Haven't had many stouts is it just cherry flavour or does it taste like cheesecake these type of stuff can be very much a gimmick

As I've said a few times before marra, if people expect it to taste like you're having a cheese cake (or whatever other desseet is referenced) you're daft. And I'd certainly not want any beer that did as i want to taste alcohol. It's basically a strong beer with hints of cherry and additional buttery type creamy sweetness that you can associate with a cheesecake. It's superb mind.

It's why I swerve sours. Everyone I've had it's been as if I'm not having an alcoholic drink.

Last edited:
As I've said a few times before marra, if people expect it to taste like you're having a cheese cake (or whatever other desseet is referenced) you're daft. And I'd certainly not want any beer that did as i want to taste alcohol. It's basically a strong beer with hints of cherry and additional buttery type creamy sweetnes that you can associate with a cheesecake. It's superb mind.
Probably talking to the wrong person iv actually had cheesecake vodka 🤣

In Bruges at the moment. Went to some lovely pubs yesterday: le Trappiste , de garre and had a flight by the canal at Flandres brewery. Didn’t realise the house beer at garre was 11.5%!

Got another day here so another brewery booked and pop in to some more pubs with a quick stop in Ghent tomorrow
Sounds cracking. Ghent is a brilliant city too. Pop into Dok Brewing Co if you get the chance, great place.

Was unfortunately closed. Still plenty of lovely places open, would like to go back in the future!

Seen that wild brew co have gone in administration
WBCo took £1.7m from a Crowdfunder and delivered nothing of what they promised. Gone under the radar that a bit. It's a scandal really. Think @chunkyshitehawk53 may have been an investor.

Hopefully they get bought out as I love the concept behind them, and their barrel store must be worth a fortune at this point.

Back