Craft Beer

Been to Blues for a few. Vaux VPA4 is tremendous.
Vaux is smashing it at the minute with the pales. The insanity later with talus in is the best they’ve done so far for me.
Beavertown were class when this thread started, up there with the best in the country. Same could be said for BrewDog back then. Sadly, quality declined and now they’re shite. Nowt about being snobby.

Not really, loads more breweries received have a fair bit of grief (Thornbridge, Marble and Anarchy are three that I remember but there were loads more).
BrewDog back in the day was my gateway into it all. Was superb when they first opened up in Newcastle.

Fierce in Manchester reminds me so much of those early heady days. Cracking little place.

Last edited:

Vaux is smashing it at the minute with the pales. The insanity later with talus in is the best they’ve done so far for me.

BrewDog back in the day was my gateway into it all. Was superb when they first opened up in Newcastle.

Fierce in Manchester reminds me so much of those early heady days. Cracking little place.
Deffos the best pale they have done in a while.

Not a fan of fruit in stouts and porters,hence my dislike of Titanic Plum Porter. I'll still try the odd one if out (whenever that might be...) but rarely buy stuff in cans. There's so much out there to try it's not worth the risk for the odd one I would like but miss out on.

Talking of out I'm hoping to get out again in a couple of weeks,fingers crossed.
Me & Mowsy have discovered strawberry goes bizarrely well. But apart from that, I like coconut & that’s it.

Back