Craft Beer

There yer gan.

You know it’s not my normal bag, but it was canny. Tried that raspberry vault city tesco carry on & it was shite.

I’ve got a beer fridge. All in there, they get warmed up for 20mins prior to drinking.

That Tesco vocation mint stout thing is shit by the way.

Death Star III is class. Like somebody’s mended a galaxy caramel into a can & added alcohol. You’d struggle with more than one but I think it’s great.

I rarely bother with Vocation from Supermarkets so happy to swerve that.

Im loaded up with tins now, and good chunk that I have lined up for the festive period. Going to try (and no doubt fail) to scale back onnthe cans next year. Probably got about 200 notes worth now :lol:

Last edited:

Probably their most extreme "beer" that. Tasted like a peanut butter and jam "sick in the mouth" when it was fresh. Christ knows what it must taste like now.
I thought it was canny. Looked & smelt rank but had a decent taste going on
Reet. Decision made. Trampolining with the kids 4-5, 5:15pm the stouts are out. Fuck the gym tomorrow

Reet. Decision made. Trampolining with the kids 4-5, 5:15pm the stouts are out. Fuck the gym tomorrow
Going to have an Omnipollo night. Just had a Noa Scoop. Gave it 4.75/5. f***ing great.

Going to have an Omnipollo night. Just had a Noa Scoop. Gave it 4.75/5. f***ing great.
That Fuck Cancer thing. Had 3/4 now, all a bit shit.

Last edited:
Had a lovely imperial stout at mean eyed cat yesterday. A collaboration between kinky fluid and moerslutel. Vanilla and raspberry which mostly tasted of raspberry. Was expensive at £5 a third but well worth it.

I know I'm gonna get absolute pelters from the SMB for this. But I have to say that some of these American style craft beers are f***ing class

Granted, a bit more expensive, but they are very tasty

Have a Beavertown Neck Oil Session IPA on the go. Very canny
you have any recommends where to buy some Bourbon County Goose island imperial stout. Been searching for some bottles of this for a week or so but no luck yet. Waitrose and some Amazon sellers were supposed to be stockists but not called them yet..

you have any recommends where to buy some Bourbon County Goose island imperial stout. Been searching for some bottles of this for a week or so but no luck yet. Waitrose and some Amazon sellers were supposed to be stockists but not called them yet..
Haven’t looked, but best bets are Leftfield, House of Trembling Madness, Wee Beer Shop, Bottles & Books or Suds & Soda

Just been released in the states this week so I wouldn’t expect any here just yet. Beer hawk (boooooooo) is probably your best bet.

Quite funny reading the first few pages where people are buzzing over Camden, Beavertown, Shipyard etc.

The snobs will be disgusted with themselves.

7 years is a long time!

It is but craft beer is like most things, people are brand snobs.

And most of these independent breweries sell out as soon as the big breweries come calling.

Also funny when lots of them present themselves as progressive organisations and then it comes out working there is like working for Donald Trump.

It is but craft beer is like most things, people are brand snobs.

And most of these independent breweries sell out as soon as the big breweries come calling.

Also funny when lots of them present themselves as progressive organisations and then it comes out working there is like working for Donald Trump.
Most don't sell out, only a very small number do.

I don't think it makes you a snob to be able to tell when the quality of a product degrades as in the case of Neck Oil, Camden Hells etc. They're not the same drinks they were prior to being bought up by the multi nationals.

The working conditions thing is mostly just BrewDog isn't it.

It's quite fun to read the first few pages of this thread. The industry has moved on so much in a short space of time.

Quite funny reading the first few pages where people are buzzing over Camden, Beavertown, Shipyard etc.

The snobs will be disgusted with themselves.
Beavertown were class when this thread started, up there with the best in the country. Same could be said for BrewDog back then. Sadly, quality declined and now they’re shite. Nowt about being snobby.
Most don't sell out, only a very small number do.

I don't think it makes you a snob to be able to tell when the quality of a product degrades as in the case of Neck Oil, Camden Hells etc. They're not the same drinks they were prior to being bought up by the multi nationals.

The working conditions thing is mostly just BrewDog isn't it.

It's quite fun to read the first few pages of this thread. The industry has moved on so much in a short space of time.
Not really, loads more breweries received have a fair bit of grief (Thornbridge, Marble and Anarchy are three that I remember but there were loads more).

Last edited:
Beavertown were class when this thread started, up there with the best in the country. Same could be said for BrewDog back then. Sadly, quality declined and now they’re shite. Nowt about being snobby.

Not really, loads more breweries received have a fair bit of grief (Thornbridge, Marble and Anarchy are three that I remember but there were loads more).
Aye you're right, but as far as I'm aware I don't think those places were claiming to be progressive or whatever, it's only really BD that have pushed that narrative despite being arseholes. Craft most definitely doesn't mean that the brewery is progressive in its mindset, there's plenty of outdated thinking and attitudes around.

Aye you're right, but as far as I'm aware I don't think those places were claiming to be progressive or whatever, it's only really BD that have pushed that narrative despite being arseholes. Craft most definitely doesn't mean that the brewery is progressive in its mindset, there's plenty of outdated thinking and attitudes around.
It’s more the craft beer “scene” which pushes the progressive and inclusive angle I guess but then it’s often assumed that craft breweries follow the same ethos when obviously they don’t. Mind, the (online) craft beer community isn’t really inclusive either. :lol:

Back