Craft Beer

Got one in the fridge. Was going to get stuck into it last week but didn’t. Not my type of beer but I was too intrigued not to buy it.

It's quite thick, almost like a smoothie, hits you first with the peanut butter and then the tart fruitiness. I'm getting a bit of toffee but not much chocolate. If anything I'd say this was a peanut butter and jam sour. Delicious though. Could only have one mind. Not just because I'd blackout but because it's very rich.

I just bought a can of Centaur Skies from Brewdog. Collab between Vault City and Neon Raptor. 10% Sour, strawberry, cream, chocolate, peanut butter and toffee.

One of the nicest beers I've ever had but this stuff is lethal. It doesn't take like it has any alcohol in it at all, it just tastes like a smoothie.

100% recommend.
If you like that you should look out for the Omnipollo Tefnut range.

I just bought a can of Centaur Skies from Brewdog. Collab between Vault City and Neon Raptor. 10% Sour, strawberry, cream, chocolate, peanut butter and toffee.

One of the nicest beers I've ever had but this stuff is lethal. It doesn't take like it has any alcohol in it at all, it just tastes like a smoothie.

100% recommend.
The last sentence of the second paragraph is what puts me off from stuff like that.

100% recommend.
Wasn’t a fan myself and I usually like sweet sours. I think my brain struggled to work out what it was meant to be. My missus, who’s a bigger sour fan than I am, absolutely loved it and a few other people I’ve spoken to thought it was very good.
The last sentence of the second paragraph is what puts me off from stuff like that.
Are you not a fan of all sours or just sweet, fruity stuff?

Wasn’t a fan myself and I usually like sweet sours. I think my brain struggled to work out what it was meant to be. My missus, who’s a bigger sour fan than I am, absolutely loved it and a few other people I’ve spoken to thought it was very good.

I didn't really care for it. Probably my least favourite Vault City of the ones I've tried.

As it stands, I don't like any sours. If I can't taste/detect alcohol in an alcohol drink I'm not having it.

Last edited:
Night out in Boro, as a leaving do. Absolutely smashed in Play Brew taproom. Just cracking beers like. Distress flare gone up for our lass to pick me up as I’m waiting in Boro. Only been asked if I’m looking for business twice in the last ten minutes 😂

Their pales and IPA's are decent, based on the few I've had. I doubt I'll be fooled into trying their sours or stouts again, sweetness was off the scale on the ones I've had.

Decent last night. Went into the Southfield next to work against better judgement on past nights in there.

Pleasantly surprised, they had the new TwobyTwo on with that new hops, 586. Was on keg too. Very very pleasant in the sunshine.

Play was decent as usual, had some decent pales on. Stouts bit on the claggy side for me.

11.4% Vocation Brewery imperial banana and chocolate stout this evening. My second beer in under a week. I usually go months without touching a drop.
Only had it once & it was minging. Bought two, was told newer versions were better, so bought another one to do a taste test at some point.

If it’s still shit that’s going to be a hard slurp.
Only had it once & it was minging. Bought two, was told newer versions were better, so bought another one to do a taste test at some point.

If it’s still shit that’s going to be a hard slurp.
Had to fall into the Beer52 trap.

£30 in Honest Brew that’s went pop, Beer52 has offered Honest Brew members their balance as 50% discount. Just bought one of every stout for about £75, paid £45, free postage. It’s basic gear like, all new stuff to me, but only one impy. They’ll do a fridge fillers for summer & a quick slurp before going out & stuff.

Also got offered their monthly box for free as well. Just got that yesterday, so I’ll have to cancel the other. 4 stouts in there, which I’ve realised I’ve probably already ordered with the stout delivery.

In all, 29 330ml cans for £45

Last edited:
11.4% Vocation Brewery imperial banana and chocolate stout this evening. My second beer in under a week. I usually go months without touching a drop.
Struggle with anything banana flavoured. Used to spit it out in my high chair. Sure it’s why I don’t like wheat beer too.

Anyway. Cracking two by two on in isis with Talus in it. Can’t wait for their taproom to open. Keep watching the pics on Instagram like a slavering dog :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back