Craft Beer

2850 unique for me, I’ve had it for ages tho. Find I use it less and less these days for some reason.

I tend to decide based on ABV…

< 6% = pint
< 8% = 2/3
< 10% = half
>= 10% = 1/3

Unless something is stupidly expensive (usually US imports) then I’ll get a smaller measure. I should really default to halves but I’m too set in my ways now I reckon.
My day would end very early if I was pinting anything over 5%. :lol: I'm all about trying as many as possible styles on the board so keep the measures small.

Apologies mate, I forgot to reply to this. I hope you haven't been down yet!

If it's nice I'd recommend going to the Southbank centre food market, getting something there and a beer from the Hop Locker (superb selection of beer) and then walk with it along the Thames towards London Bridge. Pop in the Tate Modern, have an overpriced g&t in the Founders Arms beer garden overlooking the City (best view from a beer garden in London imo), end at Borough Market, pint in the Rake, then pop down to Flat Iron Square for a drink in the sun.

If you want taprooms then you could stick to the classic route and do the Bermondsey beer mile. Start at the far end with Kernel and work back towards London Bridge.

Or get the Victoria line out to Tottenham Hale and visit Pressure Drop first then stroll between the reservoirs to Wild Card, Hackney, Exale, Signature Brew, Trumans then back on the Victoria line at Blackhorse Road.

Day out in Soho? De Hems, The Harp, The Lyric, Lowlander are all great. Obviously a ton of places for a cocktail as a change of scenery.

The wild card option would be Hackney, surprisingly you can get there in 30 mins via Victoria Line then change onto the Overground at Highbury and Islington. The Hackney Tap and the Cock Tavern are two great pubs just outside the station, then you've got The Experiment which is a Pressure Drop/Verdant taproom, Hackney Church Brewery, Deviant and Dandy and Brew Club all on the same backstreet under the railway arches.

One of my favourite streets in London is Exmouth Market, especially on a sunny day. Mikkeller have a brewpub there which is superb, and then Exmouth Arms next door is also a very good pub. Tons of places to eat and sip a cocktail. Loads of places around there too if you wanted to make a day of it.
Brilliant heading down in Aug, a quick Google of a few and they look exactly what I'm looking for. Cheers

Hit 1500 last weekend. Wasn't a huge fan of the Centaur Skies; it's interesting for a bit but a 440 is too much for me. Think the Omnipollo Tefnuts are better for a similar style. The triple fruited IPA Vault City put out at the same time was my 1500th check in and superb (though probably not your thing).

Often go halves in a taproom so I can try more of the range. Most of mine are cans in the house though.

Can see the angle. However, I find halves are gone within two swigs, so I always stick with pints or two thirders (otherwise I'd be up and down like a yo yo :lol:) If I'm in a "I want to try the lot" mood I will ask for a few samples to try but generally I just want six to eight good slurps when I'm out. If there's any I am unsure of I will always ask for a quick sip before purchasing.

Having a look at the new places on the Gateshead side after @dangermows mentioned them the other day.

Oh my. @James look what I’ve found.

Logon or register to see this image

Crossover Blendery. Mount IDA. Not cheap. Even by my standards. Fabulous fabulous.

Edit: this is in Axis.
If anyone wants an absolute bargain full circle are selling 24 cans for £54 On TooGoodToGo They’re over £5. Can them. They have their stout on there £30 for 24 as well.

If I wasn’t through here on the beer, I’d be all over that.

Last edited:
Having a look at the new places on the Gateshead side after @dangermows mentioned them the other day.

Crossover Blendery. Mount IDA. Not cheap. Even by my standards. Fabulous fabulous.

Seen that in the fridge. Think it was 19 quid?

Ah mate, how good is that? I'm convinced Crossover are going to step ahead and be recognised as one of the best gueuze producers in the world in the next few years, they've got it all spot on. Total commitment to using UK ingredients and supporting local fruit farmers. Charlie and George are lovely blokes too.

19 quid is solid value to drink in as well, pretty sure it was 16 for a bottle at their tasting room. Get hold of their morello cherry one if you can, Little Moor, sublime!

Back