Craft Beer

Bundo started brewing their own stuff last year, it's excellent as well.
Had an excellent collab they did with Deya a couple of weeks ago in their place at Piccadilly gardens.

Also found their brewery on the way out to The university- bairn is hopefully off there in September
Ah great. I have just realised Ive been in the Oxford Road Manchester site and they had a brew setup. Thought it was fake :lol: .
Aye that’s where it is

Here's the full list, I've tried some of the local ones plus Red Willow/Wylam etc before. Anyone got any recommendations for others?

ALPHA DELTA - BEAK - BLACK LODGE - BREW YORK - BUNDOBUST - CARNIVAL - CHAPTER - DURATION - FARM YARD - GLEN AFFRIC - KIRKSTALL - LAKES - LOVE LANE - MARBLE - NORTH - MAXLRAINER - POMONA ISLAND - PILOT - POLLY’S -RED WILLOW - SEVEN BRO7HERS - THORNBRIDGE - WANDER BEYOND - NEPTUNE - NORTHERN MONK - TOP ROPE - VAUX - VERDANT - VOCATION - WYLAM - ZAPATO
What do we think.

A) hated the craft beer & wont reply
B) still pissed & akip
C) didn’t realise some of the gear is 10%+ & died mid session

What do we think.

A) hated the craft beer & wont reply
B) still pissed & akip
C) didn’t realise some of the gear is 10%+ & died mid session
It was great! Went to Vaux first and then had some class ones from Bundobust, Brew York and Red Willow. My mates went to the bar after that so couldn't tell you what I had although one of them was logging it on untapped or whatever it's called, will ask later as I can't remember. Were lovely though. Apologies if anyone was expecting in depth analysis here :lol:

Staying near Mayfair, anywhere areas an hour or so away from there would be spot on
Apologies mate, I forgot to reply to this. I hope you haven't been down yet!

If it's nice I'd recommend going to the Southbank centre food market, getting something there and a beer from the Hop Locker (superb selection of beer) and then walk with it along the Thames towards London Bridge. Pop in the Tate Modern, have an overpriced g&t in the Founders Arms beer garden overlooking the City (best view from a beer garden in London imo), end at Borough Market, pint in the Rake, then pop down to Flat Iron Square for a drink in the sun.

If you want taprooms then you could stick to the classic route and do the Bermondsey beer mile. Start at the far end with Kernel and work back towards London Bridge.

Or get the Victoria line out to Tottenham Hale and visit Pressure Drop first then stroll between the reservoirs to Wild Card, Hackney, Exale, Signature Brew, Trumans then back on the Victoria line at Blackhorse Road.

Day out in Soho? De Hems, The Harp, The Lyric, Lowlander are all great. Obviously a ton of places for a cocktail as a change of scenery.

The wild card option would be Hackney, surprisingly you can get there in 30 mins via Victoria Line then change onto the Overground at Highbury and Islington. The Hackney Tap and the Cock Tavern are two great pubs just outside the station, then you've got The Experiment which is a Pressure Drop/Verdant taproom, Hackney Church Brewery, Deviant and Dandy and Brew Club all on the same backstreet under the railway arches.

One of my favourite streets in London is Exmouth Market, especially on a sunny day. Mikkeller have a brewpub there which is superb, and then Exmouth Arms next door is also a very good pub. Tons of places to eat and sip a cocktail. Loads of places around there too if you wanted to make a day of it.

Last edited:
It was great! Went to Vaux first and then had some class ones from Bundobust, Brew York and Red Willow. My mates went to the bar after that so couldn't tell you what I had although one of them was logging it on untapped or whatever it's called, will ask later as I can't remember. Were lovely though. Apologies if anyone was expecting in depth analysis here :lol:
What did you make of the Vaux? I had some of their low abv Fader yesterday 2.8%. Cracking stuff for a all day session
Apologies mate, I forgot to reply to this. I hope you haven't been down yet!

If it's nice I'd recommend going to the Southbank centre food market, getting something there and a beer from the Hop Locker (superb selection of beer) and then walk with it along the Thames towards London Bridge. Pop in the Tate Modern, have an overpriced g&t in the Founders Arms beer garden overlooking the City (best view from a beer garden in London imo), end at Borough Market, pint in the Rake, then pop down to Flat Iron Square for a drink in the sun.

If you want taprooms then you could stick to the classic route and do the Bermondsey beer mile. Start at the far end with Kernel and work back towards London Bridge.

Or get the Victoria line out to Tottenham Hale and visit Pressure Drop first then stroll between the reservoirs to Wild Card, Hackney, Exale, Signature Brew, Trumans then back on the Victoria line at Blackhorse Road.

Day out in Soho? De Hems, The Harp, The Lyric, Lowlander are all great. Obviously a ton of places for a cocktail as a change of scenery.

The wild card option would be Hackney, surprisingly you can get there in 30 mins via Victoria Line then change onto the Overground at Highbury and Islington. The Hackney Tap and the Cock Tavern are two great pubs just outside the station, then you've got The Experiment which is a Pressure Drop/Verdant taproom, Hackney Church Brewery, Deviant and Dandy and Brew Club all on the same backstreet under the railway arches.

One of my favourite streets in London is Exmouth Market, especially on a sunny day. Mikkeller have a brewpub there which is superb, and then Exmouth Arms next door is also a very good pub. Tons of places to eat and sip a cocktail. Loads of places around there too if you wanted to make a day of it.
All class. I’m down again august, so might venture to Hackney

Aye, I’ve got Untappd. Onto 251 different beers, about 240 will be stouts. That’s kiddy numbers for some like.

Might try a couple of different things today. Still got this to unleash.

Today seems like the right time as well as smashing the 1899 stash. Going to go to Blues & pick a couple of things up.
Sorted. Only taken nearly 10 years. :cool:
Woah woah woah, what you doing?! Can’t just go changing your name!

Last edited:
Aye, I’ve got Untappd. Onto 251 different beers, about 240 will be stouts. That’s kiddy numbers for some like.

Today seems like the right time as well as smashing the 1899 stash. Going to go to Blues & pick a couple of things up.

Thought you would be on more than that like! 940 for me, which is slightly worrying as I only started checking things in less than 2yrs ago. :oops:

Some can suppage going on :lol: Mind, depends on what people sup. If people are supping halves they'll likely have bigger numbers. Pints or two thirders for me (two thirder if they are strong uns).

Hit 1500 last weekend. Wasn't a huge fan of the Centaur Skies; it's interesting for a bit but a 440 is too much for me. Think the Omnipollo Tefnuts are better for a similar style. The triple fruited IPA Vault City put out at the same time was my 1500th check in and superb (though probably not your thing).
Some can suppage going on :lol: Mind, depends on what people sup. If people are supping halves they'll likely have bigger numbers. Pints or two thirders for me (two thirder if they are strong uns).
Often go halves in a taproom so I can try more of the range. Most of mine are cans in the house though.

Last edited:
Aye most of mine will be thirds I reckon, or halves. Only really drink pints of cask, or Guinness if I'm out with the lads.

Hit 1500 last weekend. Wasn't a huge fan of the Centaur Skies; it's interesting for a bit but a 440 is too much for me. Think the Omnipollo Tefnuts are better for a similar style. The triple fruited IPA Vault City put out at the same time was my 1500th check in and superb (though probably not your thing)..
2850 unique for me, I’ve had it for ages tho. Find I use it less and less these days for some reason.
Aye most of mine will be thirds I reckon, or halves. Only really drink pints of cask, or Guinness if I'm out with the lads.
I tend to decide based on ABV…

< 6% = pint
< 8% = 2/3
< 10% = half
>= 10% = 1/3

Unless something is stupidly expensive (usually US imports) then I’ll get a smaller measure. I should really default to halves but I’m too set in my ways now I reckon.

Last edited:

Back