Craft Beer

Aye the Cock is owned/part owned by Howling Hops, they started their brewery in the basement I think. I might have to venture over and sample a few after work!
Just checked and the cock is open 😁 at 12 on Fridays. Giving it serious thought to swing over there on the Friday before we hit central London seeing as the Bermondsey places aren’t open

Any of you been in the Elder Beer Cafe in Heaton? Bit out of the way for most on here but a great little place. Had the nicest pint I’ve had all year, Verdant/Pressure Drop collab, yesterday. 3 beers on tap and good selection of cans/bottles. Recommended and Heaton Tap just 100 yards away.

Just checked and the cock is open 😁 at 12 on Fridays. Giving it serious thought to swing over there on the Friday before we hit central London seeing as the Bermondsey places aren’t open
The Squirrel looking forward to the Cock opening :lol:
wondered when it would come out on here :lol:

got told about it a while ago. Look on the Sunderland council site, the plans look fantastic
Is that the official announcement? I thought it was all common knowledge now?

Last edited:
Had a few weeks off drinking but got tickets for Hop City in 2 weeks , was £60 all in and you get unlimited 100ml pours of any beer you want. Is over 40 breweries and about 250 different beers, intend to get my money’s worth:D.

Had a few weeks off drinking but got tickets for Hop City in 2 weeks , was £60 all in and you get unlimited 100ml pours of any beer you want. Is over 40 breweries and about 250 different beers, intend to get my money’s worth:D.
My advice for these festivals is to hoy away anything you don't like and don't drink it for the sake of it. There's too many beers to drink shit ones.

Does anyone need 2 tickets for Saturday? Dm if so.

My advice for these festivals is to hoy away anything you don't like and don't drink it for the sake of it. There's too many beers to drink shit ones.

Does anyone need 2 tickets for Saturday? Dm if so.
Great advice. Also sound advice is don’t just drink beers that are > 10%! 🤮 :lol:

Also, if you want a beer from a brewery with a big queue, get a beer from a brewery with no queue to drink while you wait.

Great advice. Also sound advice is don’t just drink beers that are > 10%! 🤮 :lol:

Also, if you want a beer from a brewery with a big queue, get a beer from a brewery with no queue to drink while you wait.
^ knows. It’s exactly what I did last week at Brew LDN.

In other news our lass just logged onto premier inn to double check our Fri booking for Wembley. We were planning on coming back straight after the game.

60 quid room just popped up on there. We’re down for the weekend :lol::lol::lol::cool:

Wife and daughter are away in Leeds for the weekend. Just the dog and I at home .

Probably means the dog will drag me into the left luggage in monkseaton at 5pm.

I have a fridge full of two by two, pollys and verdant ready for match tomorrow.

Should probably know better since I work in Kensington but don't remember ever having tried to buy cans round there! Will have to defer to @James on this one.
I don't even think there's anywhere else. :lol: It's not somewhere I'm ever at either, but the odd time I'm across there I pop in to see what they've got. Few months ago they had a great selection of German beers, and a fair range of cans from Cloudwater, Duration, Burning Sky iirc.

Back