Craft Beer

Logon or register to see this image

Got these in the fridge at the wobbly duck, in old Eldon square. The last Emperor I had was lovely. This one is sublime. Three Hills have always been lovely too.

This is how you do a week off work like :cool:
That looks top notch that like. How much does that set you back?
£11.50 :cool:

Free delivery on their site on over £30. Hand delivered last time & they even hoyed in some haribo :cool::lol:

Last edited:
11 quid :lol: Been a bit premature too, they’ve got a keg that they’re putting on tomorrow.

I got the last emperor from @DoctorMick online shop iirc.

Proper getting the hang of impys as well. Haven’t touched it for the best part of half an hour. Warmed through, it’s utterly fantastic
Think the only Emperor one I’ve had was the Brew York Freaky Friday colab thing. Was ok, but at 15% was probably a bit too much. Think I’m finding my sweet spot of 9%-11% these days.

On the downside, the majority of stuff under 7% I just find bland as fuck now. Serves a purpose for getting pissed, but not much point in me buying craft beer under that as I end up disappointed. That said, I’ve got no doubt I’ll purchase more in future!

£11.50 :cool:

Free delivery on their site on over £30. Hand delivered last time & they even hoyed in some haribo :cool::lol:
@Butcher's Coat double figures for a beer.

Got these in the fridge at the wobbly duck, in old Eldon square. The last Emperor I had was lovely. This one is sublime. Three Hills have always been lovely too.

This is how you do a week off work like :cool:
Looks great, and loving your work.

Couple of nights ago I was telling the missus, and myself, that once my current stash is gone I'm going to hold off a bit (still got about twenty to get through). Fast forward to today and an S43 order has gone in for all their stouts (some big hitters in amongst them) :lol:
Think the only Emperor one I’ve had was the Brew York Freaky Friday colab thing. Was ok, but at 15% was probably a bit too much. Think I’m finding my sweet spot of 9%-11% these days.

On the downside, the majority of stuff under 7% I just find bland as fuck now. Serves a purpose for getting pissed, but not much point in me buying craft beer under that as I end up disappointed. That said, I’ve got no doubt I’ll purchase more in future!
Going off Brew York in a big way these days. Last few tins I've been disappointed then went to their taproom the other day, and again, wasn't fussed. Think it's most of the adjuncts are too sweet. Compared to S43s stouts they're canny shite like.

Last edited:
Going off Brew York in a big way these days. Last few tins I've been disappointed then went to their taproom the other day, and again, wasn't fussed. Think it's most of the adjuncts are too sweet. Compared to S43s stouts they're canny shite like.

Said for a while their pales and IPA's are bland. Generally don't bother with them. Their stouts are their strong point but I'm wary of the adjuncts, if it looks as though it'll be sweet, it will be very sweet.

Said for a while their pales and IPA's are bland. Generally don't bother with them. Their stouts are their strong point but I'm wary of the adjuncts, if it looks as though it'll be sweet, it will be very sweet.
Don’t bother with the BrewYork Pineapple Cubes sour monstrosity on in the Isis. Took one for the team there. I rarely leave beer, no matter how bad it is. I made an exception for this one.

Still a Brew York stout fan here. Almost nostalgic, Tonkoko might have got me into craft beer. Empress Tonkoko is still one of my favourites.

S43 are doing very well at the minute.

Let’s go shopping in Edinburgh she said.

Of course I said.

wee vault. Edinburgh
nice..I love some of the vault city stuff, got 2 of their cherry cola sour in the house

was please to see their big mango smoothie sour in tescos....its like a breakfast juice that makes you fall over

my favourite stouts at the moment are probably anything from New Bristol Brewery, the big Cinder toffee is lush

Last edited:

Back