Craft Beer

Gouden Carolus brew some stunning beers. I buy their Christmas Beer every year, and have a 750ml whisky infused bottle which is being saved for the right occasion, whenever that will be.
They also distill whisky…they have that in their brewery shop but I didn’t fancy it.

I would recommend Mechelen for a visit

The Guinness is actually pretty decent.
Had it loads of times, first time being on the train back from London for the Man City League Cup game. It blew my mind a 7.5% Guinness :lol:

For some reason haven’t checked it in though. Same with the Old Tom. Although the ginger one is poor compared to the original in Sainsburys. I’ll have to pick one of them up.

I have a thing for trying to get hold of craft ale glasses (ergo putting one in our lasses bag)
Starting to see a rise in real ale/micropubs/indie brewers down here in Kent. Floc (opens up their brewery on a weekend) serves some lovely IPA's
The Foundry, which also does its own gin (another pleasure of mine) also makes a great beer. Even Shepard Neame are starting to produce much better ales
Its also actually nice to see the younger generation starting to frequent these places and not just for getting shitfaced.

Went through Rehills for the new Pressure Drop releases.

Window Seat West Coast IPA 6.7%
Waterline NE Pale Gam Yam 4.2%
Last minute switch NEIPA 6.2%

Also got the Black Treacle Stout 8.2%

Edit. Was hoping to pick up the vanilla and milk choc impy stout 10% but wasn't available.

Last edited:
Got some decent offers in Sainsbury’s (for once): Siren Thought Bubble for £2; Mad Squirrel IPA £2 and NM Heathen IPA £2.40. All at least 6% - very unusual for Sainsbury’s to discount!!

Tomorrow’s line up announced. Subject to change obviously. A couple of these before the match, might even be a complete scratter & have a low level walker on the way to the ground. Murphys or something.

Depending on how I feel after the match, might indulge in the other couple of these bad boys

Logon or register to see this image

Back