Craft Beer

Got a few in for next week.

S43s imperial toffee pastry stout (9%), imperial strawberry cream pastry stout (8.5%) and imperial caramel and hazelnut pastry stout (10%). Also got their all road leads to nowhere NEIPA (6.4%) and Nebulous NEIPA (6.6%).

Also got a few in from New Bristol Brewery. Wonderland NEIPA (4.1%), Stand and vanilla IPA (5%), The Boogie Below milkshake IPA (5%), Espresso Martini stout (7%) and Cinder Toffee/Honeycomb stout (4%).

Got Vaux Decent days and nights, Freddys Drop and Swell in yday. And got The Overload collab from Yard Act from Torque as well (only got it as I like the band really - can looks cool).

Tweekin' Acid Funk sour TIPA 10%

Tastes like someone marinated a fresh grapefruit in vodka.

Very sour, very tasty. Would heartily recommend.
I really can't get away with sour IPAs. The combination of a relatively strong hop flavour and the sourness is too jarring and I always end up wishing it was either a straight up sour or an IPA.

I really can't get away with sour IPAs. The combination of a relatively strong hop flavour and the sourness is too jarring and I always end up wishing it was either a straight up sour or an IPA.

I know what you mean but this is no Elvis Juice where it tastes like lager with a bit of grapefruit juice in it, this one literally just tastes like you're eating a grapefruit, but full of alcohol.

Got a few in for next week.

S43s imperial toffee pastry stout (9%), imperial strawberry cream pastry stout (8.5%) and imperial caramel and hazelnut pastry stout (10%). Also got their all road leads to nowhere NEIPA (6.4%) and Nebulous NEIPA (6.6%).

Also got a few in from New Bristol Brewery. Wonderland NEIPA (4.1%), Stand and vanilla IPA (5%), The Boogie Below milkshake IPA (5%), Espresso Martini stout (7%) and Cinder Toffee/Honeycomb stout (4%).

Got Vaux Decent days and nights, Freddys Drop and Swell in yday. And got The Overload collab from Yard Act from Torque as well (only got it as I like the band really - can looks cool).
Mentioned earlier in the thread I had them last night & both were very good. Surprised as the strawberry one especially sounds too sickly.

Vaux rebrew of Decent Days and nights is canny. Better than the original. Freddys is just as good as before too. They’ve got that bitter on keg at the minute too - but I think I preferred it on cask

Sure I saw @oROSSo in Vaux as I was leaving before the match yesterday too, was gone before I twigged who it was. Met on photography meet-ups back in the day with ayesane

Vaux rebrew of Decent Days and nights is canny. Better than the original. Freddys is just as good as before too. They’ve got that bitter on keg at the minute too - but I think I preferred it on cask

Sure I saw @oROSSo in Vaux as I was leaving before the match yesterday too, was gone before I twigged who it was. Met on photography meet-ups back in the day with ayesane
Yer was me, should have come give me a hug, turned out at 11, home for 2, dog house today

Really don't get Omnipollo or how they get away with charging so much, had a few of the stouts they have done and don't get me wrong they are nice but is a lot of better ones available, will happily pay a tenner or more for a top tier 440ml stout from some of the best breweries but £22 quid for a 375ml bottle is total robbery, even god like tier Cloudwater Barrell Project 375ml bottles you can pick up for about 12 quid.

Really don't get Omnipollo or how they get away with charging so much, had a few of the stouts they have done and don't get me wrong they are nice but is a lot of better ones available, will happily pay a tenner or more for a top tier 440ml stout from some of the best breweries but £22 quid for a 375ml bottle is total robbery, even god like tier Cloudwater Barrell Project 375ml bottles you can pick up for about 12 quid.

Aye, I looked at a Full Circle bottle in Rehills a few weeks ago, saw it was summat like £16 and put it back. I'm not a huge fan of massively boozy stouts, or any other beers, anyway.

I paid £15 for one of the Biancas a while back and it wasn't even nice. Definitely wary of the pricier ones since that. I really like most of the Omnipollo stuff although I know not everyone agrees with me.

Agreed, I’ve had better imperial stouts elsewhere for much less.

I’ve loved every Omnipollo I’ve had like. However, I agree it’s steep. The most I’ve paid is about £14 for omnipollo mammut. Definitely buy more, but aye, it’s a bit lavish when you could get a couple of drinks instead.
Agreed, I’ve had better imperial stouts elsewhere for much less.
What’s you’re favourites? My untappd says I’ve had better too, but they’re always a safe, but expensive bet

I’ve loved every Omnipollo I’ve had like. However, I agree it’s steep. The most I’ve paid is about £14 for omnipollo mammut. Definitely buy more, but aye, it’s a bit lavish when you could get a couple of drinks instead.
I quite like most of the stouts (apart from the ones with maple in) and the “sours” are decent (apart from the ones with maple in) but the prices are very high. I’ve never looked into it but I wonder if it’s party to do with the tax on alcohol in Sweden?

Their pales and IPAs are also very expensive and they’re absolutely shite.

I don’t often bother with any of their beers now, UK breweries have come on a load over the last 5 or so years so it’s not worth the premium.

I quite like most of the stouts (apart from the ones with maple in) and the “sours” are decent (apart from the ones with maple in) but the prices are very high. I’ve never looked into it but I wonder if it’s party to do with the tax on alcohol in Sweden?

Their pales and IPAs are also very expensive and they’re absolutely shite.

I don’t often bother with any of their beers now, UK breweries have come on a load over the last 5 or so years so it’s not worth the premium.
When I was speaking to Ben in the Hopknocker I’m sure he said it costs a fortune to import omnipollo stuff.

Anyway, having an outstanding ipa from Deya - stop making sense in honour of tonight’s opponents. Got the footy commentary off, and the talking heads vinyl on that the beer is named after. Had hoped todays game might have fallen on a Saturday to take in the taproom, but it wasn’t to be.

Man. Deya pales and ipas are outstanding 😀

When I was speaking to Ben in the Hopknocker I’m sure he said it costs a fortune to import omnipollo stuff.

Anyway, having an outstanding ipa from Deya - stop making sense in honour of tonight’s opponents. Got the footy commentary off, and the talking heads vinyl on that the beer is named after. Had hoped todays game might have fallen on a Saturday to take in the taproom, but it wasn’t to be.

Man. Deya pales and ipas are outstanding 😀
I’ll have to try more Deya. Not the pales & IPAs like. Closing Time was topper
Anybody used a draught pour machine. Been told to get one of these & that the brewers at a local brewery swear by them.

I half think that part of the fun is getting what’s in the can, but if this improves it, then…

Last edited:

Anybody used a draught pour machine. Been told to get one of these & that the brewers at a local brewery swear by them.

I half think that part of the fun is getting what’s in the can, but if this improves it, then…
You’d have to clean it after every single use unless you were drinking the same beer over and over

Back