Craft Beer

The problem is that craft beer drinkers will happily pay good money for quality beer, once a craft brewery sells out like Magic Rock for example the quality is always going to drop, the craft beer drinkers will just move away from that brewery and look elsewhere but also people who have no interest in craft beer are never going to buy the product either, so essentially you have very few customers, its not sustainable.

The problem is that craft beer drinkers will happily pay good money for quality beer, once a craft brewery sells out like Magic Rock for example the quality is always going to drop, the craft beer drinkers will just move away from that brewery and look elsewhere but also people who have no interest in craft beer are never going to buy the product either, so essentially you have very few customers, its not sustainable.
The 'proper' craft drinkers are a very small minority though. And even within that niche, most won't be aware of whether a company has been bought out by a macro, and even then, probably not bothered by it. I don't think this plays much of a role in it to be honest.

Think the issue is most likely the saturation of the market. Even as little as a few of years ago there was only a handful of craft brewery options in supermarkets. Now it has exploded so the market share that companies like Magic Rock and Fourpure had has been reduced quite a lot. That'll have done some damage.

What beer subscription is best? Seen honest brew mentioned, are they ok?
I’ve got HonestBrew. I’m going to guess definitely not the best, it was more the convenience for me. I put £15 a month in, the balance builds up & I order when I’ve got £50 so I get free postage. By the time that comes around, there’s 2/3 impys that’ll he new to me. Think there was about 40 stouts & porters last time I looked, but that included a few supermarket picks that were more expensive. Works for me cos I don’t want to do more than £15 at the minute, but 100% you’ll get better subscription boxes out there. It’ll be dearer.

This is what I want to get involved with.

Home - Imperial Beer Club.

If anybody else has recommendations for dark boxes I’ll listen like
There’s a video of you for all to see on the Full Circle social media!
Tell me about it. In pretty decent shape for the amount of their new Easy Tiger I’d necked :D
Just watched it. It’s like when a bairn wins a prize at school. Dead proud of you I was 😎

Last edited:
I’ve got HonestBrew. I’m going to guess definitely not the best, it was more the convenience for me. I put £15 a month in, the balance builds up & I order when I’ve got £50 so I get free postage. By the time that comes around, there’s 2/3 impys that’ll he new to me. Think there was about 40 stouts & porters last time I looked, but that included a few supermarket picks that were more expensive. Works for me cos I don’t want to do more than £15 at the minute, but 100% you’ll get better subscription boxes out there. It’ll be dearer.

This is what I want to get involved with.

Home - Imperial Beer Club.

If anybody else has recommendations for dark boxes I’ll listen like

Just watched it. It’s like when a bairn wins a prize at school. Dead proud of you I was 😎
I can send you a code for 50% off at BBNo. I built a box of dark beers last week and it seemed like decent value. I’m more of an IPA man so their range may be shit for a connoisseur like yourself but there seemed to be a few interesting ones and at ~£2.50 with the discount, can’t go wrong

I can send you a code for 50% off at BBNo. I built a box of dark beers last week and it seemed like decent value. I’m more of an IPA man so their range may be shit for a connoisseur like yourself but there seemed to be a few interesting ones and at ~£2.50 with the discount, can’t go wrong
Why not. Cheers.

Tell yer what my dream is. Walk into Blues & take one of each stout off the shelf or go onto say the Wee Beer Shop & buy one of each stout. Nee looking at prices, just hoying them in the basket. Then sitting in the sun, tunes blasting, nee kids, getting off my chops on 10% stout. Wake up, gan again. Repeat for a few days.

Persuaded owa lass to do a night in York for her birthday. It’s in June like. Doubt she’d be happy basing it all around the beer I want to drink, but I’ll get a couple in.

Stuck in isolation with covid but managed to get my hands on vault city’s iron brew along with a few others
That's shit, any symptoms? Slam an order in for some Krankie by Exale and see how it compares. That was the OG irn bru.

I have a feeling Vault City will be the next 'big news' indie to be bought out. They have been going down the pan slowly for the last 9 months or so imo.

I'm at a beer tasting tonight with Pressure Drop and Yakima Chief (hop farmers), trying some frozen fresh hop beers. To be honest I've not had an IPA for months so quite looking forward to getting back involved.

That's shit, any symptoms? Slam an order in for some Krankie by Exale and see how it compares. That was the OG irn bru.

I have a feeling Vault City will be the next 'big news' indie to be bought out. They have been going down the pan slowly for the last 9 months or so imo.

I'm at a beer tasting tonight with Pressure Drop and Yakima Chief (hop farmers), trying some frozen fresh hop beers. To be honest I've not had an IPA for months so quite looking forward to getting back involved.
Not too bad, triple jabbed thankfully so it’s not anything worse than a cold. Probably get stuck into a few beers tomorrow night

Back