Craft Beer

I assume they're all close to their use by dates, hence trying to shift em. You might need to pencil in a weekend to dive in.
Checked before I bought them like , they were canned in July /August but are mainly all sours anyway so will last for ages .

Last edited:
I

Had an aged Orval at a bar in Antwerp once, was cracking.
Haven’t been to Belgium for a few years, really must get back there. One of my favourite bars is in Antwerp, a small place called Paters Vaetje, right opposite the Cathedral. It’s a bit spit and sawdust but the general atmosphere was perfect, along with an amazing selection of beer and food. Never made it to the Kulminator just down the road.

Haven’t been to Belgium for a few years, really must get back there. One of my favourite bars is in Antwerp, a small place called Paters Vaetje, right opposite the Cathedral. It’s a bit spit and sawdust but the general atmosphere was perfect, along with an amazing selection of beer and food. Never made it to the Kulminator just down the road.
That’s where I had the aged Orval - the owner is a pretentious wanker but it’s worth going in for a couple.

Betterworldbeer.com have buy 12 get 12 free on a mixed box of 440ml cans, for £40 inc delivery. There’s a bit of everything in the selection, and having tried them last year, it’s excellent value.

Jesus, haven’t looked at the thread for a few days & it’s all just about cheap beer. 40% off sounds canny like.

Anyhow, just been to Homebargains to pick up a couple of new ones (to their shelves). Saugatuck Brewing Co Blueberry Maple Stout & Neapolitan Milk stout. Both 6% & think it was £2.85 each. There’s a fella on a stout Facebook page having a bit of a whinge. Owns a bottle shop & sells the Milk Stout. I’m guessing it’ll be not far off double the price. Going to try them before the match tonight in case I need to grab a couple more. Doubt I’ll like the Blueberry, but the Neapolitan could be decent.

Jesus, haven’t looked at the thread for a few days & it’s all just about cheap beer. 40% off sounds canny like.

Anyhow, just been to Homebargains to pick up a couple of new ones (to their shelves). Saugatuck Brewing Co Blueberry Maple Stout & Neapolitan Milk stout. Both 6% & think it was £2.85 each. There’s a fella on a stout Facebook page having a bit of a whinge. Owns a bottle shop & sells the Milk Stout. I’m guessing it’ll be not far off double the price. Going to try them before the match tonight in case I need to grab a couple more. Doubt I’ll like the Blueberry, but the Neapolitan could be decent.
Brew Dog have, what I think is a new impy. Ten Tonne Truck, 13%

Just opened a nice bottle of Abbot Reserve 6.5, trying to find somewhere that does Abbot Confessions, if I remember rightly it's about 8.5 but I've only ever seen it once and that was spoons in concord at least 5 year ago.

Brew Dog have, what I think is a new impy. Ten Tonne Truck, 13%
It's a seasonal beer I think, I've seen it before.

Booked the Eurostar today for a trip to western Flanders in June, gunna visit Brouwerij Kazenmatten in Ypres and Rodenbach in Roeselare. Would love to get out to St Bernard but it looks a bit too much of a piss about to get there.
New beer in Vaux. Cask Bitter - Bounder. It’s really very nice. Tastes nowt like the bitter I can remember 😂

Picked my gold can prize pack up from FCBC too

Logon or register to see this image

Winners night tomorrow, brewery tour, beers and chance of winning a 500 quid bar tab 😎
Nice one, enjoy! Bitter is a class beer style, it's my go to if I see it on cask these days.

Had a bottle of the barrel aged Simple Wheat thing by Deya this evening. Bloody excellent beer. Completely nailed what they were looking for.

Back