Craft Beer

FOMO hit hard.

Even though I’ve had a half, ordered bottles of vaux stout to pick up tomorrow.

Whilst necking looper in FCBC. 😎
Came on to ask you if you were there. Just seen a check in on untapped, but wasn’t sure if your name :lol:
Drinking mine later, tempted to try the s43 collab Barley Wine as well. Might end up in there tomorrow collecting as well.
Put a little review up on here

The new Vaux stout is absofuckinglutely superb. Dark and roasty, coffee, but not as an adjunct it's just there, giving it a bitter kick. Not getting any sweetness, no fruit its just a straightforward proper old fashioned stouty stout. Quite a nice mouthfeel as well.

In these days of banana, cherry, chocolate orange and just about anything you could imagine as an adjunct this proves you dont need them to make a good beer. Won't be everyone's thing but as a stout drinker of many years this is good. 7% makes it strong but drinkable, I know some prefer double figures for stouts,but that's not me.

It's not cheap to many, but when you can easily pay 5 or 6 quid for say a Cloudwater or Verdant pale then Β£8.50 for 750ml isn't that bad to most of us here.

My expectations may have been high and I was almost expecting to be disappointed. I wasn't. Just ordered two more.

The new Vaux stout is absofuckinglutely superb. Dark and roasty, coffee, but not as an adjunct it's just there, giving it a bitter kick. Not getting any sweetness, no fruit its just a straightforward proper old fashioned stouty stout. Quite a nice mouthfeel as well.

In these days of banana, cherry, chocolate orange and just about anything you could imagine as an adjunct this proves you dont need them to make a good beer. Won't be everyone's thing but as a stout drinker of many years this is good. 7% makes it strong but drinkable, I know some prefer double figures for stouts,but that's not me.

It's not cheap to many, but when you can easily pay 5 or 6 quid for say a Cloudwater or Verdant pale then Β£8.50 for 750ml isn't that bad to most of us here.

My expectations may have been high and I was almost expecting to be disappointed. I wasn't. Just ordered two more.
f***ing gerrin :cool:

I’m like you, half expecting to be disappointed. We’ll see in about 12ams time. The only thing I’d say about your description, is I hope it’s not too bitter. A bit of vanilla/creaminess (I knar what i mean :lol:) to balance it out.

f***ing gerrin :cool:

I’m like you, half expecting to be disappointed. We’ll see in about 12ams time. The only thing I’d say about your description, is I hope it’s not too bitter. A bit of vanilla/creaminess (I knar what i mean :lol:) to balance it out.

It's not a harsh bitterness, so you should be OK. I was wary of posting the first review as I didn't want to build people's expectations too high, what works for me may not for others, but i did want to get it out there that I do rate it highly.

:cool: thank fuck for that. Hoped I hadn't built people up !!

Sounds like Kernels Export Stout which is one of my favourites. That's also a heritage recipe from the late 1800s I think. Would like to try them side by side.

ODIN

Midfield
Picked up a few today, Pollys Kyra IPA, Pollys Intro powers slide, and the S43 NZ Taupo DIPA. Nice change from the recent cheap crap I've been having

It's not a harsh bitterness, so you should be OK. I was wary of posting the first review as I didn't want to build people's expectations too high, what works for me may not for others, but i did want to get it out there that I do rate it highly.
:cool: thank fuck for that. Hoped I hadn't built people up !!
About to pour :eek::cool:
About to pour :eek::cool:
Yes, I having this like. Think TEFG review is spot on. As straight forward as you’ll get, very drinkable, nee gimmicks.

However, it’s not on Untapped yet! Not sure I want the responsibility of adding it :lol:

Last edited: