Craft Beer

I am on my 10th brew and loving it. Might have a spy.

I am thinking of putting some money into a grainfather. Need my temp controls to be better and hoping if I thorw some money at it I will be able to produce brewery quality beer haha
You got a fermentation fridge temperature controlled?

You got a fermentation fridge temperature controlled?
Yeah mate, got all that and I ferment under pressure and stuff now. I have been doing the big teabag method without sparging but I just dont hit numbers. DO water chemistry and alsorts. Don't get me wrong, the stuff I am producing is ok but there is just summit lacking. Quite like the use of the all in one brewing systems too, less room taken up in the garage etc.

Yeah mate, got all that and I ferment under pressure and stuff now. I have been doing the big teabag method without sparging but I just dont hit numbers. DO water chemistry and alsorts. Don't get me wrong, the stuff I am producing is ok but there is just summit lacking. Quite like the use of the all in one brewing systems too, less room taken up in the garage etc.
I’ve got the grainfather and it’s a quality piece of kit. If you get the grain crush just right it can add quite a few points.

I’ve got the grainfather and it’s a quality piece of kit. If you get the grain crush just right it can add quite a few points.
Yeah I think that is my next investment mate. Out of interest, why did you go grainfather over brew devil or any of the other ones? I just feel like you will get what you pay for?
Need to scout about for the best price because I think grainfather are bringing summit new out soon

Yeah I think that is my next investment mate. Out of interest, why did you go grainfather over brew devil or any of the other ones? I just feel like you will get what you pay for?
Need to scout about for the best price because I think grainfather are bringing summit new out soon
Trusted the name. Couldn’t justify the price of the braumeister. Doubt you will get much discount on one, prices seem quite fixed most of the time.

Does the brew devil still have the controls on the base of the unit? I’m sure it used to and that is just beyond stupid.

Trusted the name. Couldn’t justify the price of the braumeister. Doubt you will get much discount on one, prices seem quite fixed most of the time.
Aye I think I will follow you. Do you use the bluetooth much or the app?
Does the brew devil still have the controls on the base of the unit? I’m sure it used to and that is just beyond stupid.
Aye mate thats the thing for me too. Bit weird unless you have it raised with a pulley system.

Just came back from a weekend stay at Cheviot brewery. Onsite tap room, glamping and self catering 'pods'... Pizza oven and £3 a pint fresh cask. Oatmeal stout was quality.

Pretty new set up, already booked in for another weekend.
Went there earlier in the year on our trip to Northumberland, it was great! We are getting married not too far from there.

Went there earlier in the year on our trip to Northumberland, it was great! We are getting married not too far from there.
Ahh brilliant. Loved it in the pods, great staff too. Popped into the Black Bull Inn at Etal for bait. Definitely our go to now for a little get away and good cask.
They are building more pods over the winter. Hope it's a success.

Excellent deal from BBNO, 24 cans for £58, less than £2.50 a can for a load of double and triple IPA.

Excellent deal from BBNO, 24 cans for £58, less than £2.50 a can for a load of double and triple IPA.

Nice one. 58 quid is a bargain like. Ordered.

Back