Craft Beer

Started. Poured. Let them have 10mins before drinking.

First can is the first brew, second is the recent brew, third is the case. Difference so far is the head on the recent can.

First can is the first brew, second is the recent brew, third is the case. Difference so far is the head on the recent can.
Reet, lads, this might be controversial.

First brew - always loved it, set their own standards.

Second brew - thicker, creamier, tremendous. It’s improved it.

Cask - shit. The flavour is bland, just loses what the cans had. It tastes cheap.

Now, let’s not have this as my final decision, it’s been in a placca bottle for 6hrs in me mother in laws fridge, I’ll keep an open mind & will 100% be sitting in the tap room sipping this in future. However, second brew can smashes it & is a worthy winner. Imagine Usain Bolt smiling on the finish line, that’s the second can.

I should note that the first can’s best before was June, but I don’t think that affected it at all. It’s

Last edited:

Went to Rehills for the first time on friday. By you could spend some money in there mind.

Not sure I could spend a tenner on a can.

You'll get sucked in. It's a slippery slope. I've just ordered 6 bottles off Vault City for £40

Reet, lads, this might be controversial.

First brew - always loved it, set their own standards.

Second brew - thicker, creamier, tremendous. It’s improved it.

Cask - shit. The flavour is bland, just loses what the cans had. It tastes cheap.

Now, let’s not have this as my final decision, it’s been in a placca bottle for 6hrs in me mother in laws fridge, I’ll keep an open mind & will 100% be sitting in the tap room sipping this in future. However, second brew can smashes it & is a worthy winner. Imagine Usain Bolt smiling on the finish line, that’s the second can.

I should note that the first can’s best before was June, but I don’t think that affected it at all. It’s

Can conditioned now. I thought a better mouthfeel to it. I'm on the fence about takeaways, had a couple from Blues that were hit and miss but the keg Cloudwater I got from Vaux was superb.

Last edited:
Best new beer I’ve had in many months. Tasted like nothing I’ve ever had before. Appreciate it’s a gose but had I not known that I wouldn’t have been able to classify it.

Logon or register to see this image
that the one that tastes like maple syrup a bit?
Fuck.me.we're.winning

Vaux turning into my lucky place.

And if we get beat the beers are lush so I can't lose
oh aye. the luck ran out. The beer didn't. Been like a broken bike all day

Ordered some beers from hackney brewery and they’re going down nicely tonight
Nice one. What did you order?

For some bizarre reason Mikkeller wouldn't serve me pints last night :lol: this is despite pints being the recommended serving size as well. Had to drink 2/3rds which I was hammering through, obviously. Couple of fantastic stouts on. Their nitro stout was very similar to Black Wave.

Been rough today like.

Nice one. What did you order?

For some bizarre reason Mikkeller wouldn't serve me pints last night :lol: this is despite pints being the recommended serving size as well. Had to drink 2/3rds which I was hammering through, obviously. Couple of fantastic stouts on. Their nitro stout was very similar to Black Wave.

Been rough today like.
Just ordered the mixed can box. Didn’t have a bad one and had the majority :lol:

looking to get down London soon and do a little pub crawl around there as seen quite a few good breweries and bars nearby

Just ordered the mixed can box. Didn’t have a bad one and had the majority :lol:

looking to get down London soon and do a little pub crawl around there as seen quite a few good breweries and bars nearby
Aye it's definitely worth a visit, you've got Wild Card opposite it too and then there's Exale, Signature and Trumans in the next industrial estate just down from it, plus Pressure Drop and Beavertown not far away. You can have a cracking day out. Give me a shout if you need any advice.

Drinking in York today, been a while. Looking forward to Brew York and House of Trembling Madness :cool:
Lovely day for it, have a good one!

I'm planning a day out tomorrow into South London. Gunna head to Gipsy Hill Brewery and London Beer Factory then head back north via Orbit, Brick, Partizan and then The Kernel.

I've got a spreadsheet of every brewery in London so I've decided I'll get to every one before I leave. Think there's around 160 of them. I have done 30ish. Canny few to go...

I’ve just had delivery from West Berkshire Brewery of 12 bottles of Maharajah IPA and 12 cans of Snake Oil DIPA. Maharajah is a decent ale for the price, not overly hoppy or sweet. Tesco sell it down this way, but not sure if that covers the whole country. Never had Snake Oil, so looking forward to trying a few later.

Back