Craft Beer

Had a couple of pastry stouts tonight. I’m not avoiding them, but they’re way down my list because I’m not up for the sweetness. The S43 coconut was too much for me like. It’ll be great for those that like it, just not for me.

I love coconut stouts, but not if they're too sweet. I only got it as Port Bierhaus had 20% off recently so at least I'll have tried it.

I didn't find it rotten. But like anything of theirs I've had it was just a bit none descript. Their pale is on tap now at Blues so I'll see if that makes a difference as only ever had the bottles.
I wonder if I had a dodgy bottle. It tasted foisty. Almost off. Couldn’t finish it. I’ve another bottle in the fridge, the pale I think. Fingers crossed it’s better.

I wonder if I had a dodgy bottle. It tasted foisty. Almost off. Couldn’t finish it. I’ve another bottle in the fridge, the pale I think. Fingers crossed it’s better.
Sounds like it might have become oxidised. I see they're canning their beers now so that should reduce the chances of this happening.
Really appreciate that mate. Really been enjoying Pressure Drop recently so I think them combined with Wild Card & Exale etc is the plan.

The Experiment and Howling Hops might have to wait for another day
You're welcome, you'll have a cracking day. Definitely get into Hackney Brewery, their taplist is really good. Here's a picture from when I was there a couple of weeks back, obviously those guest beers will be different next week.

Logon or register to see this image

Sounds like it might have become oxidised. I see they're canning their beers now so that should reduce the chances of this happening.

You're welcome, you'll have a cracking day. Definitely get into Hackney Brewery, their taplist is really good. Here's a picture from when I was there a couple of weeks back, obviously those guest beers will be different next week.

Off to London in a few weeks, was planning to go to Bermondsey again - that list you’ve posted up has changed my plans. Cheers 👍

Off to London in a few weeks, was planning to go to Bermondsey again - that list you’ve posted up has changed my plans. Cheers 👍
Ha! You'll love it. If it's a nice day the route I mentioned above starting at Pressure Drop is a brilliant way to spend a boozy afternoon. Nice views from the reservoirs too.

A taxi between there and Hackney Brewery is only ten mins if the weather is a bit shit.

You end ten minutes from Blackhorse Road station on the Victoria line too, so you can get back to your hotel very quickly.

Back