Craft Beer

We had an old fella walk into the pub half cut yesterday...asks for a couple of cans so the lad working suggests a couple of Verdant which the fella seemed happy about. He then told the fella they were £5.20 each and the bloke just started swearing and saying how he was a neighbour so they shouldn't be so expensive before walking out empty handed. :lol:
Was once in a real ale pub called the grove in Huddersfield. Anyone who’s been or knows of it, it’s proper real ale through and through. Fella comes in and says do you do carling? Guy was like no mate, no carling. Fosters then? Guy was like no, we don’t do any commercial lagers. Fella says well what’s the nearest to them you have on, guy was like Veltins but it’s a fiver a pint, fella was like where’s the nearest wetherspoons?

Was once in a real ale pub called the grove in Huddersfield. Anyone who’s been or knows of it, it’s proper real ale through and through. Fella comes in and says do you do carling? Guy was like no mate, no carling. Fosters then? Guy was like no, we don’t do any commercial lagers. Fella says well what’s the nearest to them you have on, guy was like Veltins but it’s a fiver a pint, fella was like where’s the nearest wetherspoons?
Love a veltins. Fella who owns it also owns a lighting company. When I’ve been at trade shows they always put on free veltins….over indulged a few times

just bought a can of Norse Star 2 for £1.50 from Morrisons in Seaburn. Obviously cocked up with the prices as it should be £4.
Was it £1.50 in the label, or just on the till?
Starting on the Sainsbury’s Brew York Nougat A Friend In Me (6.6%).

Also got

S43 Borsach Baltic Porter (8.1%), S43 Imperial Coconut Snowball Pastry Stout (10%) S43 The Beast (12%) & Brew York’s Dradis (12%) all available

Last edited:
Really good mate.

Never go near sours but that looks very inviting.
The vault City gear is really good. Some sour stuff smells like old socks, especially the stuff done with that philly sour yeast. Vc stuff is on a different level.

some of the best sours I’ve ever had are sour stouts and brown ales that Rich Mccullen did when he was with Brewdog. Absolutely sublime. The flavour profile was unbelievable. I still have one bottle of Valkyrie Vendetta that I’ll drink when we get promoted or something. Unfortunately he left under a cloud about 9 months ago. All makes sense with the stuff in the headlines now like.

Loads. If you want a crawl I'd recommend starting at Pressure Drop and then walking across the reservoirs to Wild Card and Hackney Brewery then down into Signature Brew, Exale and Trumans (this one is a bit shit imo but you'll be clattered by that point). You can walk in to any of them and get a seat no bother.

Alternatively you could go to Hackney Central and do The Experiment (Pressure Drop x Verdant), Hackney Church Brewery, Deviant & Dandy as well as Five Points and London Fields Brewery. All within spitting distance of each other.

Hackney Wick has Crate and Howling Hops in the same courtyard area, plus the Beer Merchants Tap around the corner.

To stick north you could go to Hammerton just up from King's Cross, Two Tribes have a taproom nearby too.

Give me a shout if you want any other recommendations.
Really appreciate that mate. Really been enjoying Pressure Drop recently so I think them combined with Wild Card & Exale etc is the plan.

The Experiment and Howling Hops might have to wait for another day

Not fussed on the North Pier Brewing like. Hope they’re just finding their feet, the pink slice thing was rotten
Coconut stout was decent. I’ll still try that pink slice carry on, but just for a laugh. It’s a promotional stunt surely?
Was it £1.50 in the label, or just on the till?
Starting on the Sainsbury’s Brew York Nougat A Friend In Me (6.6%).

Also got

S43 Borsach Baltic Porter (8.1%), S43 Imperial Coconut Snowball Pastry Stout (10%) S43 The Beast (12%) & Brew York’s Dradis (12%) all available
Think I’m getting through them all here like. Just started watching the Dubliners on YouTube. That indicates a good supp.

Last edited:
Not fussed on the North Pier Brewing like. Hope they’re just finding their feet, the pink slice thing was rotten

Haven't had that, the coconut one was ok, their coffee porter was superb, and I love my coffee beers.
Coconut stout was decent. I’ll still try that pink slice carry on, but just for a laugh. It’s a promotional stunt surely?

Think I’m getting through them all here like. Just started watching the Dubliners on YouTube. That indicates a good supp.

Got the S43 coconut one in the fridge I think. Almost didn't get it as it may be a bit sweet for me.

Last edited:
Haven't had that, the coconut one was ok, their coffee porter was superb, and I love my coffee beers.

Got the S43 coconut one in the fridge I think. Almost didn't get it as it may be a bit sweet for me.
Had a couple of pastry stouts tonight. I’m not avoiding them, but they’re way down my list because I’m not up for the sweetness. The S43 coconut was too much for me like. It’ll be great for those that like it, just not for me.

Back