Craft Beer

very nice it is too. From the two Alex's 😂 I'd hop in the car and drive down now, but I reckon I won't be safe to drive till about Tuesday. Just opened the monster.

It's outstanding.

Logon or register to see this image
Haven’t opened mine yet, but their reviews are flying about. Just read one that said if you like the Sam Smiths Chocolate Stout you’ll love this. Sounds like I’m going to love it.
Little Shop has a load of new US stuff in. Equilibrium, KCBC, Barrier amongst them

@Longy there's a 14% impy amongst them...just sayin...
I can’t buy anymore until I get rid of the lot I’ve got. We’ve been waiting a few months to move out while our house is getting done. I’ve already got some low level stuff in storage, think I’ll need to do the same with some of I’ve got.
Gonna crack open a pressuredrop chocolate banana stout
However, I did notice this was in Blues :lol:
Trying to get into stouts. All these craft ones always seem to be too sweet or too boozy for me
Avoid the pastry stouts mate. I always said I liked sweet stouts, until the pastry stouts flooded the market. They take it to a new level. I’ll still get the odd one, but I’ve decided they won’t form a big part of my buying. Maybe go for the breakfast stouts. More coffee based.

As Dangermows mentioned, Black Wave is a good one to try. Supermarket wise Tesco’s do Brew Dog vs Evil Twin Roaster Coaster, but that’s 9%. Buxtons Costa Rican Coffee Porter from Morrison’s is topper. On the cheap as chips side, I liked Thornbridge Cocoa Wonderland from Morrison’s, Northern Monks Northern Star is in Morrison’s & Tesco, but you can get the 440ml cans in Tesco & it’s currently a 4 pack for £6 with a Clubcard. Also Black Sheep Milk Stout is in both on their 4 for £6 range.

Last edited:
Having a couple augustiner helles atm, my favourite lager
Wish it was a bit cheaper over here as I could drink litres of the stuff, brilliant beer.

I popped down the Lidl yesterday for their beer festival offering. Unfortunately none of the Love Lane gear in so couldn't pick up the Berliner weisse. Only bought a couple of cans in the end, two of the 71 Brewing Luminous Nights NEDIPA. Suspect it'll be shit as I'm too used to the top end cans, however at £1.99 it's with a go. I'll crack one later on.
Try and get hold of FCBC ( I know, I know) Snake Island. Its a straight up stout, no adjuncts but they used Simcoe hops in it. It's a cracking beer
It's class like. One of my locals had a keg of it on before lockdown, really impressed me. I'm going there tonight actually for the first time since, think they're got Repeater on tap. They're one of the few places (or the only, come to think of it) that often have FCBC and Almasty beers on tap.

Fuck it, proper fancied a drink. Just a couple of biggish’uns.

Opened the Norse Star II first. First impressions is it isn’t as sweet as the first. Nuttier. It is direct out of the fridge, so I’ll see what happens as it warms. I stopped buying the first as it was too sweet, but I can’t not try this.

Got a couple out of the fridge to warm. Full Circle - Year of No Light & Salt - Imperial Egg Hunt.

Can’t really have anymore as owa lass is doing a boot camp at 7am so I’ve got to be up & be a dad.

Fuck it, proper fancied a drink. Just a couple of biggish’uns.

Opened the Norse Star II first. First impressions is it isn’t as sweet as the first. Nuttier. It is direct out of the fridge, so I’ll see what happens as it warms. I stopped buying the first as it was too sweet, but I can’t not try this.

Got a couple out of the fridge to warm. Full Circle - Year of No Light & Salt - Imperial Egg Hunt.

Can’t really have anymore as owa lass is doing a boot camp at 7am so I’ve got to be up & be a dad.
Full Circle was good. As good as a straight up Impy you’ll get. That Salt Imperial Egg is a bit shite. Daft arse here left the price on & now owa lass wants to know why I paid £9.20 for a can. Doesn’t help I gave her a sip & it’s shit.

Pulled a Buxton Storm Shadow out for my last one.

Full Circle was good. As good as a straight up Impy you’ll get. That Salt Imperial Egg is a bit shite. Daft arse here left the price on & now owa lass wants to know why I paid £9.20 for a can. Doesn’t help I gave her a sip & it’s shit.

Reet. One more. Buxton Costa Rican Coffee Porter. Probably me favourite supermarket get up

Spent the evening at Gipsy Hill’s taproom. Nothing particularly interesting on but all very drinkable. The Huddle IPA was the best.
The missus came in with four of these from Lidl earlier. Had one and must say its pretty good for the price. Will just flatten them tonight and leave the better gear for another night.

Logon or register to see this image
I’ve enjoyed all of the 71 stuff I’ve tried. Definitely good for the price.

Last edited:

Little Shop normally have stickers on. I remove them. It's my money but keeps life simple when I buy her bottles of wine that cost half what I pay for a can of beer :lol::lol:

Back