Craft Beer

About 25 there. That’s a good 6-7 sessions without the session beers I’ve got on top too.

Think I’ll knock a few of the big ones in for the second leg of the play offs.
Did you try any of the BA BrewYork things? I’ve had two of the three so far. They were class.

train still hasn’t arrived. Onto the sesssion two by two cask stuff now

Did you try any of the BA BrewYork things? I’ve had two of the three so far. They were class.

train still hasn’t arrived. Onto the sesssion two by two cask stuff now
Nah, I’m not a massive fan of BA stuff. I’ll no doubt give stuff a go in future, but not a big whiskey or rum fan, so the tastes aren’t natural for me. Which is a shame, cos there’s shit loads of BA stuff about.

Think I might make an effort to try more Moersleutel, Omnipollo & Pohjala. All have cracking reputations. All down to individual tastes I suppose.

Reet, here we gan. The bigguns stick take.

Durham Brewery - Temptation Russian Stout - 10%
Omnipollo - Pecan Mud - 11%
Robinson’s Old Tom - 8.5%
Buxton - Storm Shadow - 8.5%
Buxton - Rain Shadow - 10%
Buxton - Costa Rican Coffee Extra Porter - 7.4%
Left Handed Giant - King of the Woodland - 12.5%
Tiny Rebel - Superhero Landing - 13%
Tiny Rebel - Double 99 - 9.9%
Brew York - Empress Tonkoko - 10.6%
Northern Monk x Lervig - Norse Star II - 9%
Amundsen - Double Donut Dream - 11.5%
Full Circle - Year of No Light - 9%
Moersleutel - Maple Pecan Pie - 18%
Moersleutel - Willy Tonka - 13%
Evil Twin - Even More Jesus - 12%
Cloudwater - My Continuous Improvement - 11%
Salt - Imperial Egg Hunt - 10%
Anarchy Brew - The Great Elmyra Barley Wine - 10%

Waiting to be delivered

Brew York x Amundsen Brewery - A New Beginning - Coffee, Blueberry, Cacao, Walnut & Vanilla Imperial Milk Stout - 11%
Brew York x Naparbier Brewery - The Revenge - Maple & Pecan Imperial Milk Stout - 12%
Brew York x Fierce Brewing - The Ghost Dimension - Mexican Mole Imperial Milk Stout - 13%
Brew York x Tiny Rebel Brewing - The Dream Child - Rocky Roads Ice Cream Pastry Stout - 14%
Brew York x Emperors Brewery - The Final Chapter - Honeycomb, Coconut, Cacao, Tonka & Vanilla Imperial Milk Stout - 15%
Brew York - Dradis - Russian Imperial Stout - 12%

Bugger. I’ve just drove past it. Haven’t had the Vocation yet.

Impressive selection. I'm starting to avoid anything above say 10/11% but there's a few in there that look nice.

The sweet spot for me for an impy stout is around 8-10%. There are exceptions of course but I just can't get away with really boozy stuff. I don't think I've ever had a TIPA for example never mind a QIPA.

Nah, I’m not a massive fan of BA stuff. I’ll no doubt give stuff a go in future, but not a big whiskey or rum fan, so the tastes aren’t natural for me. Which is a shame, cos there’s shit loads of BA stuff about.

Think I might make an effort to try more Moersleutel, Omnipollo & Pohjala. All have cracking reputations. All down to individual tastes I suppose.
Omnipollo are mostly overpriced average beers imo. Don’t get me wrong, they get it spot on once in a while but they miss more often than not.
De Moersleutel are great but their advent calendar last year was a bit underwhelming with their beers being the most disappointing, still a big fan tho. They’re starting a core range which includes a barley wine and 2 imp stouts. :lol:
Pojhala are class, reasonably priced (comparatively) and aren’t usually overly sweet.
If you want to order some imp stouts online try Bottles and Books in Bristol, the guy has the most absurd selection I’ve ever seen. Mention me for a 0% discount.

Pohjala gear is absolutely tremendous.

Omnipollo are mostly overpriced average beers imo. Don’t get me wrong, they get it spot on once in a while but they miss more often than not.
De Moersleutel are great but their advent calendar last year was a bit underwhelming with their beers being the most disappointing, still a big fan tho. They’re starting a core range which includes a barley wine and 2 imp stouts. :lol:
Pojhala are class, reasonably priced (comparatively) and aren’t usually overly sweet.
If you want to order some imp stouts online try Bottles and Books in Bristol, the guy has the most absurd selection I’ve ever seen. Mention me for a 0% discount.
Can’t agree about Omnipollo. They definitely have some misses but they have a lot of great beers imo. Their Mads is still my highest rated.

Pohjala’s porters and stouts are cracking and they have some excellent light beers too (along with a few drinkable but underwhelming ones).

Isn’t the omnipollo pricing down to tax or something? I’ve had a few, and they’re ok but don’t justify the price.

smashing my keg of cherry/coconut milk stout. Just picked the corny up. It feels a bit light for my liking. :(

Last edited:
What’s ya tipple the neet marra ?
Three of these mate. How's about yourself?

Logon or register to see this image

On the way back from newcastle called into the Get Carter Tesco. Much better range than Tesco on Newcastle rd.

Just bought a 4 pack of 440ml North Brewing Lost Cosmonaut for 8 quid. That’s absolutely bonkers like. 2 quid a 440ml can.

they’ve also got a shelf full of the vocation cherry impy stout that I couldn’t find anywhere. Probably the best supermarket stout I’ve had. Fiver a can.
Got a couple of LC midweek. Three quid a pop.

Last edited:
This is what I couldn’t get. They’re selling a four pack for 8 quid, alongside singles for 3 :lol:

that threefold is f***ing brilliant too.
I guess some might just want a couple. Mind I'd have snaffled a four box if any were there.

It is. Had one of the four last week. The remaining three are going the journey this evening.

Can’t agree about Omnipollo. They definitely have some misses but they have a lot of great beers imo. Their Mads is still my highest rated.

Pohjala’s porters and stouts are cracking and they have some excellent light beers too (along with a few drinkable but underwhelming ones).
Aye, I know my opinion is the minority. :lol: I reckon of their beers I’ve had 80% have been poor, 10% have been good and 10% have been mind blowing. Their pales are shockers and soft serve can get in the sea.
Isn’t the omnipollo pricing down to tax or something? I’ve had a few, and they’re ok but don’t justify the price.

smashing my keg of cherry/coconut milk stout. Just picked the corny up. It feels a bit light for my liking. :(
Tax is a part of it, imports will always cost more than uk breweries, but plenty of other scandi beers are available for lower prices.

Last edited:
Aye, brilliant stouts! Love Three Hills, their pales are good as well.

Just having a Vaux Black Wave, very decent stout.
Aye, I really enjoyed mine. I tried to be as impartial as possible & it was cracking. £3.50 a pop means it probably will still be a bit of a regular, but not a go to session drink. Can’t justify smashing 10 in at a bbq :lol:

Impressive selection. I'm starting to avoid anything above say 10/11% but there's a few in there that look nice.

The sweet spot for me for an impy stout is around 8-10%. There are exceptions of course but I just can't get away with really boozy stuff. I don't think I've ever had a TIPA for example never mind a QIPA.
The good ones a drinkable. You don’t want to be overwhelmed by boozeyness, which is a daft thing to say about a double digit stout.

Out of that list, the Buxton Costa Rican Porter is always a belter.

After knocking the De Moersleutel advent calendar earlier today I’ve just found a can of Barcode Black and Yellow in the garage and it’s absolutely unreal, 14% cognac and bourbon barrel ages imo stout blend. I’ll be in bed very shortly!

Back