Craft Beer

This Tiny Rebel's not up to much. The Kiss Kiss and Bang Bang they had out last summer are still the best hazy pales they've done imo.

Supermarket beers are a mixed bag, I'll try most but there's only a chosen few I'll buy again.

Two Asda ones so far, Vocation Perfect Storm is decent, nice body and quite bitter for a NEIPA. Salt Mosaic Pale was bland as fuck.

Supermarket beers are a mixed bag, I'll try most but there's only a chosen few I'll buy again.

Two Asda ones so far, Vocation Perfect Storm is decent, nice body and quite bitter for a NEIPA. Salt Mosaic Pale was bland as fuck.

I know they don't get much love on this thread but I've enjoyed most of the Salt stuff I've tried. Not spectacular but would happily drink again. Having said that, don't think I've had the Mosaic Pale.

Just had the Peanut Butter Orinocco by Drygate (from Aldi) absolutely fantastic and for less than £2 a can. Am going back tomorrow to empty the shelf!

I know they don't get much love on this thread but I've enjoyed most of the Salt stuff I've tried. Not spectacular but would happily drink again. Having said that, don't think I've had the Mosaic Pale.

Agreed, I think they're pretty steady. Nothing amazing but mainly solid decent beers. This just wasn't for me. What little flavour I got wasn't nice

Mosaic's a hit and miss flavour for me. When it's good it's lovely but when it's bad it's pretty much undrinkable.

Knocked it back to get rid of it. Wasn't a sink pour but wouldn't get it again.

Brew by Numbers 05 Amarillo and Citra from Tesco now. Definitely get this one again. Pretty good this one, and I mean good, not just supermarket beer good.

Knocked it back to get rid of it. Wasn't a sink pour but wouldn't get it again.

Brew by Numbers 05 Amarillo and Citra from Tesco now. Definitely get this one again. Pretty good this one, and I mean good, not just supermarket beer good.

I'm a big fan of BBNo. Had some of the mixed crates direct from them earlier this year. Maybe not the most spectacular but don't think I've had a bad beer from them ever.

Mosaic's a hit and miss flavour for me. When it's good it's lovely but when it's bad it's pretty much undrinkable.
I'm with you on this.

I was also in Sainsbury’s yesterday and noticed their new beers. Nothing to get excited about really. Picked up the BD Overworks barrel aged sour which sounds good, and a can of a Berliner Weisse from a Liverpool brewery whose name escapes me. Will try them at some point this weekend.

I'm at the point where I won't bother buying anything hoppy from a supermarket as my heart sinks seeing them sat on a warm shelf for weeks. M&S' stock is at least 7 months old ffs. :lol: At least a Tesco near me is keeping some of the Cloudwater beers in the fridge. Yet to try those either, but I've got a couple in the house.

I'm with you on this.

I was also in Sainsbury’s yesterday and noticed their new beers. Nothing to get excited about really. Picked up the BD Overworks barrel aged sour which sounds good, and a can of a Berliner Weisse from a Liverpool brewery whose name escapes me. Will try them at some point this weekend.

I'm at the point where I won't bother buying anything hoppy from a supermarket as my heart sinks seeing them sat on a warm shelf for weeks. M&S' stock is at least 7 months old ffs. :lol: At least a Tesco near me is keeping some of the Cloudwater beers in the fridge. Yet to try those either, but I've got a couple in the house.
Most of the new additions to Sainsbury’s you can get in Tesco anyhow. I’m not complaining, as it does improve their range & it supplements my ability to buy cheaper half decent beer, but they could have tried to be a bit different.

I'm with you on this.

Can’t remember whether they had the Overworks in. If it’s the same one Morrison’s has in last year I wouldn’t have bought one anyway but think I enjoyed it. Had the Berliner the other week, definite meh.
Most of the new additions to Sainsbury’s you can get in Tesco anyhow. I’m not complaining, as it does improve their range & it supplements my ability to buy cheaper half decent beer, but they could have tried to be a bit different.
No big Tesco near me so it’s the first time I’m seeing some of them. Tend to only buy things once though even if I like them.

Last edited:
Can’t remember whether they had the Overworks in. If it’s the same one Morrison’s has in last year I wouldn’t have bought one anyway but think I enjoyed it. Had the Berliner the other week, definite meh.

No big Tesco near me so it’s the first time I’m seeing some of them. Tend to only buy things once though even if I like them.
I keep a back up of supermarket ones for sessions. The £3ers. Brew Dog, Vocation, Buxton & stuff. If I’m doing a proper session stuff like the Black Sheep Milk Stout, Youngs Double Chocolate & Double Maxim are ideal for 4 for £6.

My Impy stout stash is about 10 at the minute with 6 to arrive from Brew York. The majority are new so I’m not short of new stuff to try.

Saying that, I only drink stout so have been through the supermarket offerings a few times over.

Back