Craft Beer

Last weeks releases from Verdant are great.

Or if you want more variety have a look at the Hop Knocker (or Dr Mick's place of course) for individual cans. I reckon ideally you'd want a mix of styles, so an IPA, a NEIPA, West Coast IPA and a DIPA/TIPA. You could get one of each for that budget.
Aye, that's a good point about the mix of styles. I could pull together a very good box of 6 cans for £42 delivered. :D

Since he’s my best mate he (obviously) has a spreadsheet tracking every beer he’s had this year, with a name, brewery, score, ABV and comments.

Just going through his top ten IPAs now 😂

Couldn’t ask for better research when trying to buy a gift than the help on this thread and then a spreadsheet of everything he’s already tried
Aye, that's a good point about the mix of styles. I could pull together a very good box of 6 cans for £42 delivered. :D

Not sure if you’re allowed to mention it or not but do you have a link to your website?

Last edited:
Since he’s my best mate he (obviously) has a spreadsheet tracking every beer he’s had this year, with a name, brewery, score, ABV and comments.

Couldn’t ask for better research when trying to buy a gift than the help on this thread and then a spreadsheet of everything he’s already tried

Not sure if you’re allowed to mention it or not but do you have a link to your website?
I'm not sure if I'm allowed either but I seem to get away with it. :lol:

Has he never heard of Untappd?!

New Micro Bar opened last week in Cleadon, The Stables, tep for The Lazy Lizard. 2 handpumps and decent selection of crafts. Added bonus is they have teamed up with La Vina cafe next door to go in either and buy from menu of both.
I couldn't get a table at Stables this afternoon but managed to book one in the Sun at La Vina
Logon or register to see this image

New Micro Bar opened last week in Cleadon, The Stables, tep for The Lazy Lizard. 2 handpumps and decent selection of crafts. Added bonus is they have teamed up with La Vina cafe next door to go in either and buy from menu of both.
I couldn't get a table at Stables this afternoon but managed to book one in the Sun at La Vina
Phwoar. That looks class tbh

I asked them on their Facebook post if there was a menu to indicate the beers they sold & they never answered.

Just having a maple pancake pale from fierce in their Manchester bar. It’s bloody lovely having some nice beers out again. Even let it slide that it’s in a plastic glass

Just got a new Milk Stout from B&M. The Night Train by Wickwar, 6.1%. First time I’ve seen it, £1.75 so it’d be rude not to try.
I bagged a few of those when I was last in, along with a porter they also did. They were decent, although I did slurp them at the end of a session so my palette wasn't exactly refined by that point.

Back