Amundsen Tiramisu Dessert in a Can
Amundsen Mocha, Coconut & Vanilla Stout
Full Circle Year of No Light
Siren Cacao & Cherry Stout
Three Hills Chocolate Torte
Vaux Black Wave & Hazy Shade of Citra
Vault City Iron Brew Sour
Wylam Jakehead & You Can’t Download the Future

Unfortunately they were immediately seized by owa lass and locked away until my birthday in a few weeks :evil:

Nice arrival yesterday from @DoctorMick

Almasty Tiramisu Stout
Amundsen Tiramisu Dessert in a Can
Amundsen Mocha, Coconut & Vanilla Stout
Full Circle Year of No Light
Siren Cacao & Cherry Stout
Three Hills Chocolate Torte
Vaux Black Wave & Hazy Shade of Citra
Vault City Iron Brew Sour
Wylam Jakehead & You Can’t Download the Future

Unfortunately they were immediately seized by owa lass and locked away until my birthday in a few weeks :evil:
I need to get onto the Three Hills stuff. Getting excellent reviews

Need a 8%er to balance it out now marra
As weird as it may sound I actually prefer a stronger mender now. If I have a 4%er I’ll tend to knock it back pretty quickly but with a stronger beer I’ll take my time over it and seem to recover a lot better.
I need to get onto the Three Hills stuff. Getting excellent reviews
Their stouts are superb but they also do cracking pales as well.

As weird as it may sound I actually prefer a stronger mender now. If I have a 4%er I’ll tend to knock it back pretty quickly but with a stronger beer I’ll take my time over it and seem to recover a lot better.

Their stouts are superb but they also do cracking pales as well.
With the best will in the world, pale ales & IPAs are always going to be right down on the list for me. Tried the Dooper you were all going on about the other week. It wasn’t bad or anything, just not for my tastes.
With the best will in the world, pale ales & IPAs are always going to be right down on the list for me. Tried the Dooper you were all going on about the other week. It wasn’t bad or anything, just not for my tastes.
Fenwick have got a beer shop in Eldon Sq now. Good while since I’ve been, don’t know if they’re any good

Last edited:
I don’t like IPAs and know nothing about them. It’s my best mates birthday next month and he is the biggest IPA nerd going

I want to get him some class IPAs. Any suggestions?

I don’t like IPAs and know nothing about them. It’s my best mates birthday next month and he is the biggest IPA nerd going

I want to get him some class IPAs. Any suggestions?
He’s already answered, but @DoctorMick has got a shop. This is every everybody would give you answers based on what they like, whereas he might be able to pull a few left field ones out of the bag. If your mate is a IPA nerd, I’m going to guess getting a couple of decent quality, which he might not of heard of would be good for him, regardless of what they even taste like.

I'm not a fan of IPAS , but surely 4 to 5 cans for 35 to quid 40 cannot be correct.

Well, that’s my upper limit mind, £10 a can. Not uncommon to see £6-£7 a can for some, and since he’s tried every bloody IPA known to man, I’d be happy to pay a little bit more for something top drawer.

That’s not the price I’d pay for just a few cans around the house like. I bought a few bottles of Kentucky Breakfast Stout at about £8 a bottle which felt ridiculous until I tasted it and remembered why it was worth that.

Well, that’s my upper limit mind, £10 a can. Not uncommon to see £6-£7 a can for some, and since he’s tried every bloody IPA known to man, I’d be happy to pay a little bit more for something top drawer.

That’s not the price I’d pay for just a few cans around the house like. I bought a few bottles of Kentucky Breakfast Stout at about £8 a bottle which felt ridiculous until I tasted it and remembered why it was worth that.
Aye fair dos, I do something similar with anchor lager, 2.80 a 35cl bottle but I like the taste and it's worth every penny.

£10 a can would get you some nice, obscure, US ones I'd imagine.

Hoping to get 4-5 cans for £35-£40.

Love it. One of my favourites. They do two stronger variants, including one that’s 12%...
Last weeks releases from Verdant are great.

Or if you want more variety have a look at the Hop Knocker (or Dr Mick's place of course) for individual cans. I reckon ideally you'd want a mix of styles, so an IPA, a NEIPA, West Coast IPA and a DIPA/TIPA. You could get one of each for that budget.

Back