Craft Beer

Dank moolah by s43 another winner
On an arpus big secret hops now. Another cracker from this brewery

Last edited:

Dank moolah by s43 another winner
On an arpus big secret hops now. Another cracker from this brewery
Had that from s43 yesterday too, it’s good but dank money was a shade better.

have the threefold big hitter for tonight. Off work tomorrow ;)
Had the Dooper tonight, lovely! Big fan of the Full Circle offerings so far.

That No Capes beer from Tiny Rebel was absolutely minging :lol:
I’ve got an outside table booked at the brewery first day they’re open. They messaged me before opening the booking systems. Offering regulars the chance to get booked in. I think I need to admit I have a FCBC problem :oops: :lol: :lol:
Heads up all - FCBC have pure phase on growler refills direct from the brewery at the minute. (The pump clip for this is my avatar on here) It’s easily of the best DDH pales I’ve ever had.

Last edited:
Well, I took today off from work and have had a few beers about the place. A few belated birthday beers

went into the palm place on wessington way against my better judgement. The food was ok, the beer was predictably shite. Service was f***ing atrocious. Felt sorry for the lass serving us, she was getting the proper run around. It will be chaos at the weekend when it’s full.

Took off through to Newcastle and had a couple of very decent pints at By The River Brew Co. Pint of Heedbanger, fresh as a daisy, hoppy and dank as f**k. Outstanding. Closely followed with a pint of Wylam Best on cask. First cask in months. Lush. Really well organised if you’re that way on.

cheeky pint in the Ivy House on the way home too. Pint of Joosy Pale ale by Unbarred decent fresh, sessionable gear. Great to see that all the staff were back and have survived lockdown and furlough. :cool:

Well, I took today off from work and have had a few beers about the place. A few belated birthday beers

went into the palm place on wessington way against my better judgement. The food was ok, the beer was predictably shite. Service was f***ing atrocious. Felt sorry for the lass serving us, she was getting the proper run around. It will be chaos at the weekend when it’s full.

Took off through to Newcastle and had a couple of very decent pints at By The River Brew Co. Pint of Heedbanger, fresh as a daisy, hoppy and dank as f**k. Outstanding. Closely followed with a pint of Wylam Best on cask. First cask in months. Lush. Really well organised if you’re that way on.

cheeky pint in the Ivy House on the way home too. Pint of Joosy Pale ale by Unbarred decent fresh, sessionable gear. Great to see that all the staff were back and have survived lockdown and furlough. :cool:

Thats one hell of a trek. We were really tempted by By the River for Friday, but its a bit out of the way to get there and find a huge queue as they're walk ins only so just stopping in Newcastle where we've got places booked. Shame as it's a smashing place

I could have warned you about the Palm, beer was always shit, even the bottle selection is shit. A pint of Shipyard in the Wessie would have been a better option 😂

Thats one hell of a trek. We were really tempted by By the River for Friday, but its a bit out of the way to get there and find a huge queue as they're walk ins only so just stopping in Newcastle where we've got places booked. Shame as it's a smashing place

I could have warned you about the Palm, beer was always shit, even the bottle selection is shit. A pint of Shipyard in the Wessie would have been a better option 😂
Wasn’t that bad of a trek We had a designated driver 😎 hence the choice of the Palm. After that shitshow, I chose 😀

by the river really well organised- same as the Ivy house , both just walk ups too. Be a right fuck on come the weekend though.

Wasn’t that bad of a trek We had a designated driver 😎 hence the choice of the Palm. After that shitshow, I chose 😀

by the river really well organised- same as the Ivy house , both just walk ups too. Be a right fuck on come the weekend though.

Ah right, always public transport or a taxi for me unless I'm out with the missus (rare) and the daughter drives (even rarer), hence its mostly Sunderland and Newcastle for me. Occasionally do Tynemouth or Ouseburn.

I'm expecting everywhere to be quite well organised. It was in lockdown one and also in the tiers.

cloud water releasing some beers for Tesco. Looks like 4 collab beers for a tenner

cloud water releasing some beers for Tesco. Looks like 4 collab beers for a tenner

Also doing 4 of their own apparently! Great news if they’re as good as expected.

Not sure how I feel about this from Cloudwater, they are the best brewery around for me and I buy from them at least a few times a month, these beers are being made at Brewdog so that makes me doubt how good they will be, it wont hurt them financially doing this obviously but reputation wise I think they could suffer.

Not sure how I feel about this from Cloudwater, they are the best brewery around for me and I buy from them at least a few times a month, these beers are being made at Brewdog so that makes me doubt how good they will be, it wont hurt them financially doing this obviously but reputation wise I think they could suffer.
The Cloudwater Brew Dog collab they used to sell in Tesco wasn't good. Had that same nasty Brew Dog aftertaste so I'd expect these to have the same problem. Yeastie Boys were the same when Brew Dog were making them as well.

They're obviously prepared to risk their reputation with hardened craft beer drinkers to make more money. If the beers are good I'll buy them, if they aren't I won't.

Some people will presumably stop buying their stuff as they see this as selling out, but I'd imagine the lost sales will be a tiny percentage of the additional sales they get from being stocked in Tesco.

Northern Monk seem to do OK walking this line, my main concern is that Brewdog are making them.

We'll see...

Doubt it'll have much of an impact really. It'll open them up to more people that know them now, and they're putting 3 other tiny breweries in the shop window, one of which is queer which is good for inclusion in an industry pretty terrible for it.

Whether they should be supporting a company like Tesco that is undercutting the independents and potentially killing the industry is another matter.

They've got a blog post about it on their website: Beer With Big Ideas — Cloudwater Brew Co

Shame that one of the 4 pack is alcohol free.

Last edited:
Doubt it'll have much of an impact really. It'll open them up to more people that know them now, and they're putting 3 other tiny breweries in the shop window, one of which is queer which is good for inclusion in an industry pretty terrible for it.

Whether they should be supporting a company like Tesco that is undercutting the independents and potentially killing the industry is another matter.

They've got a blog post about it on their website: Beer With Big Ideas — Cloudwater Brew Co

Shame that one of the 4 pack is alcohol free.
A cynical person would possibly think the 4 pack is used as cover for them whacking a load of core range beers into Tesco...

Back