Craft Beer

Tesco latest reveal, Huckaback NEIPA by Salt Brewery. 440ml can for £2.40, 4 pack for £8.

Ludicrous value, had this in a 330ml from Little Shop and thought it was decent. Interesting to see if its changed much from that one. Mind if the changes are small doubt my palate would notice...
Outrageous that like. :lol: Surely no one is making any money on that?

Outrageous that like. :lol: Surely no one is making any money on that?
Salt might not make much on it per unit but it’s all about volume. Will increase awareness of their brand too which will be their aim in this massively crowded market. It’s 5.5% so at the lower end of the scale tax wise.

Just did a peasants run at Morrisons whilst she got stuff:

Buxton Costarican Coffee
Wilde Child Salted Caramel
Vocation Chocolate
Brewdog Hot Choc
Brewdog Vanilla Oatmeal

Had the first three a few times and expecting the BD efforts to be shite but all for about 20 quid so it'll do for tonight.

It also devalues the rest of their range. It’s bold because if Tesco drop them they’ll be in a lot of bother.

Hugely increased sales probably outweighs the risk of any (real or perceived) dilution of quality. I'll still pay £7 a can for a Northern Monk if it sounds my thing, despite being supermarket regulars now, not sure I'd pay that for a Salt anyway.

Just did a peasants run at Morrisons whilst she got stuff:

Buxton Costarican Coffee
Wilde Child Salted Caramel
Vocation Chocolate
Brewdog Hot Choc
Brewdog Vanilla Oatmeal

Had the first three a few times and expecting the BD efforts to be shite but all for about 20 quid so it'll do for tonight.
Buxton is topper
Wilde Child & Vocation are ok. I’ll buy again, but it’s owt about nowt really.
The Brewdog Nitro Vanilla one, I’ve bought another to give another chonce. Think I drank it after a few big’uns & it tasted bland as fuck. But that might be my fault.
Choco Libre. Just f***ing bin it now. Don’t even open the devils spunk. Absolutely pathetic attempt of a drink.

You could have added a couple Thornbridge Chocolate Stouts & Black Sheep Milk Stouts from the 4 for £6 range. Both are good.

Buxton is topper
The Brewdog Nitro Vanilla one, I’ve bought another to give another chonce. Think I drank it after a few big’uns & it tasted bland as fuck. But that might be my fault.
Choco Libre. Just f***ing bin it now. Don’t even open the devils spunk. Absolutely pathetic attempt of a drink.

You could have added a couple Thornbridge Chocolate Stouts & Black Sheep Milk Stouts from the 4 for £6 range. Both are good.

Wilde Childe was the bland one for me, Buxton was canny, and I enjoyed the Jet Black Heart. Vocation was a good one but too sweet for me. Didnt bother with the chili one. Some adjuncts are closer to a bush tucker trial for me so I just avoid them. Chili is on that list, with cherry, banana, mint, few other things.

Buxton is topper

Cheers, the spunk can be her drink.

I've had the BS, and agree, can't go wrong for the price.

I like all of three I've already had before, and in the order I posted is how I'd rate them.

It also devalues the rest of their range. It’s bold because if Tesco drop them they’ll be in a lot of bother.
You’re right - I guess it’s a risk for them but despite the craft market growing quickly its becoming saturated and they’ve decided to go for it. The beer snobs will call them sell outs as well 😀 There’s a definite switch happening in the supermarkets with how they position their beers. Previously craft was lumped in next to the ‘real ales’. Now some aren’t even on the same aisle (my local Sainsbury’s).

Anyone manage to get the benefit of the BrewDog Lost Lager offer a few weeks ago?
My 4 cans arrived yesterday. Only had to pay the postage. I'll be enjoying those later

Also, anyone on Instagram who doesn't follow me (Keawyeds in case you couldn't guess) I've been sharing a few competitions this past couple of days. One from SALT Beer factory which looks canny.

Last edited:
Anyone manage to get the benefit of the BrewDog Lost Lager offer a few weeks ago?
My 4 cans arrived yesterday. Only had to pay the postage. I'll be enjoying those later

Also, anyone on Instagram who doesn't follow me (Keawyeds in case you couldn't guess) I've been sharing a few competitions this past couple of days. One from SALT Beer factory which looks canny.

Saw the Brewdog one but not a lager fan. Follow domobeers on insta, he's the buyer for tesco and does lots of giveaways. If you're into free stuff I'll tag you on the odd one as well.

I know its not the strongest beer on the market at 4.4% but Tesco are doing 4 can packs of Vocation's 'Heart & Soul' for just £4. Its a nice little drop as are most of Vocation's beers.

Saw the Brewdog one but not a lager fan. Follow domobeers on insta, he's the buyer for tesco and does lots of giveaways. If you're into free stuff I'll tag you on the odd one as well.

He is the competition to which I was referring. No wonder I never win!
I know its not the strongest beer on the market at 4.4% but Tesco are doing 4 can packs of Vocation's 'Heart & Soul' for just £4. Its a nice little drop as are most of Vocation's beers.

Their stuff is good but I find a lot of it a bit too strong - I like quantity in a beverage (not always helpful!)
I'll have to look for Heart and Soul. I've had Pride and Joy and Live and Death
Nothing enjoyable about drinking Lost Lager.

It cost me about £2. I'm not complaining

Last edited:

I think their new pricing policy is a selected 4 x 330ml for £4. Some of the new releases are coming in at that price. Be amazed if Faith is that cheap but you never know.

Their stuff is good but I find a lot of it a bit too strong - I like quantity in a beverage (not always helpful!)

'Pride & Joy' and 'Life & Death' are lovely beers. Heart & Soul is much more a session drink at 4.4%.
I think their new pricing policy is a selected 4 x 330ml for £4. Some of the new releases are coming in at that price. Be amazed if Faith is that cheap but you never know.
Thanks for that. Didn't realise 👍

Last edited:

Last time someone bought me a pint of it I couldn't finish it.

Last time someone bought me a pint of it I couldn't finish it.

I've only ever had that with handful of beers. If I've not liked it, I've not soldiered through it. I've just sent it back and made a note never to get it again.
Untappd is very handy for that.
For my own record really never mind how other people found it.

Back