Craft Beer

Anyone gone through a phase of being really bloated by beer? This last few months, I just don't want to drink beer anymore, its that bad.

I eat bread and stuff all the time though.
It could be something to do with the unfermented sugars, try a couple of bone dry lambics and see if that does you in. I still think gluten is most likely and there are a few decent gluten free options you could try to rule it out.

Cut out the bread?
I don't get problems from bread. That's full of gluten.
But beer is giving me gip regardless of whether I've eaten other stuff at the time or not.
It could be something to do with the unfermented sugars, try a couple of bone dry lambics and see if that does you in. I still think gluten is most likely and there are a few decent gluten free options you could try to rule it out.
Unfermented sugars is an interesting thought. Thanks.
I'm sure I've had some gluten free beers recently tbh. (Heart&Soul), but honestly can't remember if that bothered me or not

Anyway, enough about me, don't want to derail the thread. Thanks all.

Last edited:
Long weekend for me, so getting amongst it tonight. My Brewyork BA stout turned up this week so might even have that. Have to plan around the big hitters.

Oh and a heads up - full circle have pure phase on keg to pick up with litre growlers from the brewery starting today. Its one of their best, so going through tomorrow for some. It's my favourite FCBC.

Had two cans of sour ipa last weekend, loved them both. Just placed another order at hopknocker for every sour ipa they carry I think

Tesco latest reveal, Huckaback NEIPA by Salt Brewery. 440ml can for £2.40, 4 pack for £8.

Ludicrous value, had this in a 330ml from Little Shop and thought it was decent. Interesting to see if its changed much from that one. Mind if the changes are small doubt my palate would notice...

Back