Craft Beer

I keep thinking they’re due one like.
You could ask on the FB supermarket craft beer forum 😉?
Edit - sorry, hadn’t read the last few posts here. I’ve been on that group a while, it’s no good for recommending ales. It’s more of a piss take fest, especially if anyone admits to being a Tory or pro Brexit.

Last edited:
You could ask on the FB supermarket craft beer forum 😉?
Edit - sorry, hadn’t read the last few posts here. I’ve been on that group a while, it’s no good for recommending ales. It’s more of a piss take fest, especially if anyone admits to being a Tory or pro Brexit.
What’s the thing about magic rock and genocide?

How mainstream does 'craft' beer have to become before it's just beer?

Not sure the supermarket offerings of 'craft' beer are really 'craft' beer but they're still bloody good.
Depends what definition you use. There is nothing official over here but the most commonly used definition is independent ownership (which is why Brewdog are still widely accepted as craft despite brewing huge volumes). That does mean some very traditional breweries fall into the craft bracket as well tho.
There is a proper accepted definition in the states and that’s around quantity produced I think.
For me, and I’d get shot with shit for this if I posted it on any craft beer forums, it’s basically a marketing term. I avoided it like the plague for years, preferring to just judge beer on whether it was good or bad but once we opened the pub it was unavoidable so I had to accept it.

Depends what definition you use. There is nothing official over here but the most commonly used definition is independent ownership (which is why Brewdog are still widely accepted as craft despite brewing huge volumes). That does mean some very traditional breweries fall into the craft bracket as well tho.
There is a proper accepted definition in the states and that’s around quantity produced I think.
For me, and I’d get shot with shit for this if I posted it on any craft beer forums, it’s basically a marketing term. I avoided it like the plague for years, preferring to just judge beer on whether it was good or bad but once we opened the pub it was unavoidable so I had to accept it.
Ah, didn’t know that. I’ve always thought of it as being a marker of the novelty of the beer and not the status of the brewery.
Can wise, my session stuff is Murphys. However the Black Sheep Milk Stout is topper anarl & that’s 4 for £6.

Love a stout but haven’t tried that one. Must have missed it

I got a brew york v vocation stout and another stout from Morrison’s earlier.
It’s alright that one. A bit sweet. My favourite from the is the Costa Rican Porter.

Norse Star by Northern Monk keeps getting mentioned as the best supermarket stout around on social media groups but it’s far too sweet for me & I like the sweet ones.

It’s alright that one. A bit sweet. My favourite from the is the Costa Rican Porter.

Norse Star by Northern Monk keeps getting mentioned as the best supermarket stout around on social media groups but it’s far too sweet for me & I like the sweet ones.
Think that’s the other one I bought. :lol:

Back