Craft Beer

Had both the new s43 ales today , enjoyed both, the Tiny Rebel eggnog was one of the worst porters I have ever had though, not enjoyable at all.

Didn't fancy the mint one or that. White stouts are generally an abomination so had low expectations of that. TR new releases have been pretty average lately, and that's just the ones I've tried. Too many sours for my tastes as well.

Had the This is a Concept Verdant West Coast DIPA this evening. Fortunately I'd had a quick check of Untappd before cracking (don't usually do this) and saw that there had been a huge problem with sedement and separation in the can. Poured the thing is the most careful way possible after that and it came out cracking, but look at the difference in this! Snowglobe.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Seems they've sussed the issue and fixed it, but it really is piss poor and at a fiver a can it's not really acceptable. Any other brewery would get destroyed for it I think. That said it was absolutely class. :lol: Loved it. It's exactly where these DIPAs need to be. I can't drink any of them atm unless they've got a strong bitterness coming in at the back end. This was fantastic and they've got another one out now, would fully recommend.

Had a browse at the selection in the new Morrison's at Dalton Park and they have a decent range. As well as 4 bottles of Young's Double Chocolate Stout for £6 I came away with a can of 7.4% Buxton Brewery Costa Rica Extra Coffee Porter and a can of 6.6% Vocation Temptation caramel chocolate stout.

Had a browse at the selection in the new Morrison's at Dalton Park and they have a decent range. As well as 4 bottles of Young's Double Chocolate Stout for £6 I came away with a can of 7.4% Buxton Brewery Costa Rica Extra Coffee Porter and a can of 6.6% Vocation Temptation caramel chocolate stout.
The Buxton is class, the Vocation far too sweet for me.
Going to Belgium for some Westvleteren 12 is on my to do list at some point. I quite like the romance of buying it off the Trappist monks at the monastery gates like.

tough sell to our lass like. :)
I've planned a trip for next summer (all being well...) cycling around the Netherlands and taking in a load of breweries. This has reminded me that we will be visiting Bierbrouwerij de Koningshoeven just outside of Tilburg for a tour of the brewery and to enjoy a few tripels. Happier days ahead I hope! Nothing better than a beer in the sun.

:cool: Class. What’s the 12 like? Read some cracking reviews.
you can’t order in advance if you haven’t got an address in Belgium in the minute. Reckon it might be the year after next when I get there
It’s obviously a great beer. But it’s also hyped. I’d personally go to Rochefort, the beer is just as good imo, and the town is actually nice. There is fuck all in Westvleteren.

Didn't fancy the mint one or that. White stouts are generally an abomination so had low expectations of that. TR new releases have been pretty average lately, and that's just the ones I've tried. Too many sours for my tastes as well.
They’ve been poor for well over a year now imo, I used to really like them but everything just tastes artificial and overly sweet for me.
Going to Belgium for some Westvleteren 12 is on my to do list at some point. I quite like the romance of buying it off the Trappist monks at the monastery gates like.

tough sell to our lass like. :)
I want to go and visit Cantillon, that’s the holy grail for me.
The Buxton is class, the Vocation far too sweet for me.

I've planned a trip for next summer (all being well...) cycling around the Netherlands and taking in a load of breweries. This has reminded me that we will be visiting Bierbrouwerij de Koningshoeven just outside of Tilburg for a tour of the brewery and to enjoy a few tripels. Happier days ahead I hope! Nothing better than a beer in the sun.
Go to Alkmaar and visit De Moersleutel...don’t try and ride the bike after tho!

Last edited:
They’ve been poor for well over a year now imo, I used to really like them but everything just tastes artificial and overly sweet for me.

I want to go and visit Cantillon, that’s the holy grail for me.

Go to Alkmaar and visit De Moersleutel...don’t try and ride the bike after tho!
Might have to spend a week or two in Belgium. The list is getting longer !

having this now

its stunning. So complex.

little earth project is one of my favorites. One of the few ive given 5 to on untappd. Apparently they have a farm and pub in Suffolk. Definitely going next year

Back