Cracking concert tonight - Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know the music aficionados will be along but Thunder were excellent at the City Hall tonight.

Were you there @mickb2112 ?
I wasn`t. I was thinking about it but I did Gojira on Wednesday, The Stranglers on Thursday and Bonafide on Friday and just couldn`t fit it in.

I think my next scheduled one will be Blackberry Smoke with the excellent Biters in support unless I decide to pop along to SLF next week.

They are and always have been an excellent live band despite what the cooler than thou brigade will have to say.

Their first 5 albums are superb and their more recent stuff still turns up the odd cracker. I was hoping to be there but couldn't make it.

They are and always have been an excellent live band despite what the cooler than thou brigade will have to say.

Their first 5 albums are superb and their more recent stuff still turns up the odd cracker. I was hoping to be there but couldn't make it.

Danny Bowes is an excellent vocalist as well - they were excellent tonight both the older stuff and the newer stuff

I got dragged to see them a couple of years back and wasn't blown away. Saying that, I only know 2 songs!

Reef were supporting and they were excellent.

Agree about his voice though. Very good.

I was never their biggest fan but they a decent live band but not bothered about seeing them again after going to their last two farewell tours, rather spend my money on the local scene going on in Newcastle.

I wasn`t. I was thinking about it but I did Gojira on Wednesday, The Stranglers on Thursday and Bonafide on Friday and just couldn`t fit it in.

I think my next scheduled one will be Blackberry Smoke with the excellent Biters in support unless I decide to pop along to SLF next week.
Blackberry Smoke are an excellent band seen them a lot of times now :cool:

No-one allowed to have a drink while watching the band, and no-one allowed to leave the confines of their seat to have a bit of a dance flattens the atmosphere so much. Makes me feel a bit sorry for the act.
Aye it is crap not being able to have a drink like. Would be a mare if ya could though as well

I remember seeing them many moons ago just after they'd released Backstreet Symphony. They were supported by the Electric Boys (Swedish funk rock band) who had a canny debut album.

Aye it is crap not being able to have a drink like. Would be a mare if ya could though as well

They didn't even have any draught on last night. We didn't get served in time to drink something and get back in - it was like being at the match.

There was a lass in row D last night who kept edging out into the aisle while she was dancing and occasionally she'd pop up the front and take a photo. Security must have put her back in her seat about 10 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back