Crabbing

BlackOps

Winger
After doing bit of crabbing in whitby, the bairn wants to do it again but can only stay a bit more local. They have them off the roker pier or in the harbour?

After doing bit of crabbing in whitby, the bairn wants to do it again but can only stay a bit more local. They have them off the roker pier or in the harbour?
Good question that. We were in Whitby in the summer and the kids loved it. Went two days running.

Cheers mate. Any bait shop? Tub of squid or fish scraps?
No fishing there mate. Pier go to Rutherfords for some mackerel and a hand line. Tell him the boot sent you.

Is there really? Not even for the little shit black crabs?
No mate. Signs up all over. Lines I’m water are a hazard to boats and litter and unused bait an eyesore for culture vultures looking at the sculptures. Crap but that’s what they reckon.

No fishing there mate. Pier go to Rutherfords for some mackerel and a hand line. Tell him the boot sent you.

No mate. Signs up all over. Lines I’m water are a hazard to boats and litter and unused bait an eyesore for culture vultures looking at the sculptures. Crap but that’s what they reckon.

Where can i go then? Just off the pier? There looks on maps to be another little pier which goes east of the yacht club. Can people get on that? Not familiar with that part of sunderland

Where can i go then? Just off the pier? There looks on maps to be another little pier which goes east of the yacht club. Can people get on that? Not familiar with that part of sunderland
No mate it’s fenced off. Dangerous.
But right next to it is ok. TBH the glass centre is a good shout. Easy parking and a good railing around it for the kids. Small flooding tide.
The pier is good atm. Plenty lobster coming off.

Next year I will be running a crab catching Comp for the kids in the Sunderland open.

No mate it’s fenced off. Dangerous.
But right next to it is ok. TBH the glass centre is a good shout. Easy parking and a good railing around it for the kids. Small flooding tide.
The pier is good atm. Plenty lobster coming off.

Will be putting everything back in like. Not need a license or anything on the pier for crabbing. Sorry if some of these questions are bit stupid. I know people take fishing etc seriously so dont want to piss anyone off.

Will be putting everything back in like. Not need a license or anything on the pier for crabbing. Sorry if some of these questions are bit stupid. I know people take fishing etc seriously so dont want to piss anyone off.
No mate no license needed. Magna Carta gives us the to fish. Local bylaws may stop you but it’s ok to take one lobster. Or size edible crab.
Any angler worth their salt will help you out. Just stay clear of the end.
Probably better off in the river tbf you will catch more crab.

No mate no license needed. Magna Carta gives us the to fish. Local bylaws may stop you but it’s ok to take one lobster. Or size edible crab.
Any angler worth their salt will help you out. Just stay clear of the end.
Probably better off in the river tbf you will catch more crab.

Oh great. Will pop in that shop as well for me bait. Bairn is looking forward to it. He loves watching the anglers anarl then some fish and chips before home.

You get edible ones? Iwas just expecting tiny black ones like in the harbour at whitby. You can eat them?

Back