Cowes week, Isle of Wight

Reiver

Winger
First time I've ever been here having arrived on a private yacht from Beaulieu ...

... I'm shocked tbh.

I'm at a lunch for an organisation I can't name and it pushes the heights of snobbery so high I'm wearing an oxygen mask.

I thought I'd seen the worst excesses of pretentiousness but this is highly concentrated and unbridled ...
... it's like a Fast Show comedy sketch of people grossly over exaggerating the cringing accents and over politeness.

Yet another occasion when I'm reminded how happy I am just to be me.

First time I've ever been here having arrived on a private yacht from Beaulieu ...

... I'm shocked tbh.

I'm at a lunch for an organisation I can't name and it pushes the heights of snobbery so high I'm wearing an oxygen mask.

I thought I'd seen the worst excesses of pretentiousness but this is highly concentrated and unbridled ...
... it's like a Fast Show comedy sketch of people grossly over exaggerating the cringing accents and over politeness.

"Nowt wrang wif bein commern" ... is what my staff say to me Reiver

... I'm shocked tbh.

To be fair like mate I wouldn’t expect to go to cowes week and see too many pie n peas and 2 free bingo card offers kicking about ;) Cashmere Knitwear owa the shoulders, rolled up chinos and prada velvet loafers the order of the day. So just put your usual stadium of light get up on basically and shout for another spritzer. Hoorah the lads

Went across to it from Hamble about 20 years ago with 3 friends. It was shite like.

Rickety auld boat we had broke down on the way back and we had to get the coastguard to tow us back. Gave us a bit of a hard time about taking to the water in one of the world's busiest shipping lanes in a boat that was hardly seaworthy. And at night too with no lights or owt.

There were loads of flash boats and yachts on holiday, I didn’t know if I should have a bit craic on with some of the people sitting on board or not so never bothered.

I did a bit research on one that pulled in and it is €176,000 a week high season for 12 people.

Back