Covid Weekly Deaths lowest since mid march (ONS)

• Thread starter Deleted member 32773
  • Start date

We've had an increase in cases over the last couple of weeks. Back in March it took a week or two for those infected to, for want of a better term, die off.

It seems like most cases are in under 40s at the moment so I'd be surprised if the number of weekly deaths increase like they did six months ago, they will increase though imo.

The vast majority of people have never had COVID, including the vast majority of people who’d likely require a hospital bed.

If the govt don’t get a handle on the situation there is a very real risk we’ll see COVID-related admissions rise again.

Personally think it's a when they increase not if. Unfortunately.

Personally think it's a when they increase not if. Unfortunately.

Very possible that it’ll be when, not if. It can’t be allowed back into care homes.

Haven't been tracking it but how are Sweden getting on? Didn't they basically do nothing to prevent the spread?

Not quite, they didn’t have a lockdown in the same sense that us, Italy, Spain etc did.

Personally consider it unfair to compare us to them, and think they should be compared within their group, alongside

Cases started rising mid-July in UK. Therefore, even with a 4-week period to die from it, then a 4-week reporting lag, we'd surely be seeing deaths increasing now? Or is there another lag to take into account - the lag of the infection moving from young people to old people? I can't see any other explanation (although I'm sure there could be).

Right but the hospitals over here arent exactly overwhelmed.
Unfortunately we do seem to follow what happens in in other European countries. I do actually agree with you that many of the most vulnerable will already have died but I don't think it's the majority by any means. There are still many many people out there that are very high risk of dying if they catch it.

Cases started rising mid-July in UK. Therefore, even with a 4-week period to die from it, then a 4-week reporting lag, we'd surely be seeing deaths increasing now? Or is there another lag to take into account - the lag of the infection moving from young people to old people? I can't see any other explanation (although I'm sure there could be).

Yup, the data I've seen has loads of under 40s getting it, obviously the mortality rate is low

It's only really ramped up over the last couple of weeks though, I expect an increase in deaths over the next couple of weeks personally.

If my Mam got it she would probably die, so we'll keep being cautious thank you. I'm hoping you're just being wacky on the internet and not just an absolute bellend.
Read it again. I said harsh as it sounds. I am genuine in that. If you dont like it fine but pack it in with the abuse.

Back