Covid virus volunteer results

Hello Georgeous

Goalkeeper
Just thought this was interesting:

Early on in the pandemic, scientists from the University of Liverpool infected 36 healthy young volunteers with the Covid virus.
Each was given the same dose of of live virus squirted up their noses, then were monitored:

Only half became infected
None of those infected became particularly Ill.
Two of the infected became superspreaders, coughing and sneezing out vastly more virus particles than the others, giving credence to the theory that a relatively small number of these superspreaders were responsible for most case of Covid.

Wasn’t a very long article but just thought it was interesting, and I remembered that at primary school in the ‘50s we would be sent home from school if we forgot to bring a hankie
(it was Easington so everyone lived nearby).
It just reminded me of those old adages that the teachers used to spout - “coughs and sneezes spread diseases”

When I got Covid last year I was ill for about 3 days, coughing, sneezing etc before I tested positive.

Didn’t really distance or take any precautions with the bairn or the Mrs before the positive test. Neither of them caught it. There’s definitely something in it about how you spread or catch it. Maybe you’re genetically disposed to spread / catch it.

Early on in the pandemic, scientists from the University of Liverpool infected 36 healthy young volunteers with the Covid virus.
Each was given the same dose of of live virus squirted up their noses, then were monitored:

Two of the infected became superspreaders, coughing and sneezing out vastly more virus particles than the others, giving credence to the theory that a relatively small number of these superspreaders were responsible for most case of Covid.

Wasn’t a very long article but just thought it was interesting, and I remembered that at primary school in the ‘50s we would be sent home from school if we forgot to bring a hankie
It just reminded me of those old adages that the teachers used to spout - “coughs and sneezes spread diseases”

I recall that. It made sense then, makes sense now. Even more so. There were also notices around to invite you not to heckle on the bus.

Mind, in the middle of a pandemic with government and scientific advice being issued on a daily basis to wash your hands, I was still noticing blokes going into public toilets and exiting without washing their hands. Twats.

I think I may have just derailed the thread.
When I got Covid last year I was ill for about 3 days, coughing, sneezing etc before I tested positive.

Didn’t really distance or take any precautions with the bairn or the Mrs before the positive test. Neither of them caught it. There’s definitely something in it about how you spread or catch it. Maybe you’re genetically disposed to spread / catch it.

You can be non-symptomatic (or whatever it’s called, so not ill, and still unknowingly spread it. Not sure how prevalent that is… or how they’d know

Last edited:
I recall that. It made sense then, makes sense now. Even more so. There were also notices around to invite you not to heckle on the bus.

Mind, in the middle of a pandemic with government and scientific advice being issued on a daily basis to wash your hands, I was still noticing blokes going into public toilets and exiting without washing their hands. Twats.

I think I may have just derailed the thread.

You can be non-symptomatic (or whatever it’s called, so not ill, and still unknowingly spread it. Not sure how prevalent that is… or how they’d know
No problems. Not much of a thread to derail anyway as it turned out!🙂

If you recall the UK 'superspreader' family man in the beginning who said it was nothing major then why did so many die? Millions died.

Or did they get covid and die of something else, but it got put down as "death by covid" or you lost your job?

Doctors giving out out stimulants instead of vaccines losing their lisence ffs hundreds of them.

scam

If you recall the UK 'superspreader' family man in the beginning who said it was nothing major then why did so many die? Millions died.

Or did they get covid and die of something else, but it got put down as "death by covid" or you lost your job?

Doctors giving out out stimulants instead of vaccines losing their lisence ffs hundreds of them.

scam

😂😂

Interesting but not sure in reality how useful this study would be. Not a huge cross section of subjects, not a huge number of subjects.

Mind you you would have to be bloody brave or stupid volunteering for this in the early days of the virus, people were dropping like flies.

biggest con of the century the whole thing

Have you tried posting something that wasn’t a wind up?

scam

Whilst you’re just f***ing clueless. I’d love to see one of your types try and debate these points in person. Problem is, you’re a cowardly bunch of fuckers who like the protection of the internet because you know your arguments would get ripped to pieces in a proper debate.

Your clueless bullshit adds nothing to the board at all.

Last edited:
Have you tried posting something that wasn’t a wind up?

Whilst you’re just f***ing clueless. I’d love to see one of your types try and debate these points in person. Problem is, you’re a cowardly bunch of fuckers who like the protection of the internet because you know your arguments would get ripped to pieces in a proper debate.

Your clueless bullshit adds nothing to the board at all.

I would happily debate it in person, the amount of lies all the stuff now coming to the fore about the vaccines etc the whole thing stinks your just blinkered because of who you work for

I would happily debate it in person, the amount of lies all the stuff now coming to the fore about the vaccines etc the whole thing stinks your just blinkered because of who you work for

I know right. Imagine someone spending the best part of a decade studying and working in public health, having an informed view on a public health matter.

This would be like me, arguing with you until I am blue in the face, that there’s a global conspiracy involving IT contractors installing dodgy routers that send all our information to China.

You can find me in the East Stand at a home game this season, just bring a folder full of your disinformation and I’ll remember the lighter fluid.

Last edited:

Back